Old October 15th 03, 01:15 AM
Kathy Applebaum

"AliceW" wrote in message
You figure out what pension plans and insurance policies will be worth so
they can be used in divorce settlement discussions.

Fifteen brownie points!

Actually, most of our work was pension valuation (if your employer says they
will give you 75% of your pay when you retire, I had to figure out how much
money to put in this year to fund the accrued liability, then the actuary
signed off on it.) But since I was the best in math in the department (aka
the biggest geek), I also got to do all the QDRO's. What fun -- knowing your
work is going to be scrutinized by two attorneys who don't understand
arithmetic, let alone higher math.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps