Old August 18th 03, 03:08 AM
Marijke

great questions. ;-)

I came to rctq a few yrs ago after being on the 'net for quite a few years
before that. I mostly read parenting newsgroups but then branched out a bit.
I had to step away from the group for a while when I changed service
providers and then popped back in for a short while. I finally came back
again for a longer time a couple of years ago. It's much easier for me now
because I work full time on the computer and can check in whenever I want
during the day. I keep coming back to see what interests other quilters and,
sometimes I can even answer a question or two!

How did I become a quilter? I have no idea! I've tried just about every
craft there is and I always became very passionate about them, but... the
passion never lasted very long so when I initially became passionate about
quilting (when my now 14 yr old was a baby), no-one thought it would last.
Hah!! I sure fooled them! I've made way more quilts than I know (last
unofficial count was in the 60s but those are only the ones I remember). I
learned completely on my own, never knew another quilter until just a few
years ago.

What do I see for the future? I'd love to be more adventurous. I tend to
stick to patterns, colours that I know and like so I'd love to do something
totally out of the ordinary for me. Right now, I am collecting bright, very
bright, fabrics to see what I can do with them. I see myself quilting
forever though, it really has enveloped me and I enjoy it so very much.

Marijke, in Montreal
to see some quilts, check out http://photos.yahoo.com/sesesi and click on
"my quilts"

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my spirits

up,
thank you muchly! But the days linger long sometimes. I havent energy to

do
much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the power to entertain and amuse me if

you
feel like it, and I hope you do...
Would you please tell me how you came to post at RCTQ, and why you stay,

and
how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your quilting
future. Maybe everyone else will get some pleasure in reading these ..

then
I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,
Diana the slightly bored