Old August 18th 03, 02:09 AM
Shelly

Hi Diana,
I was looking through the newsgroups for a quilters group to join so
that I could get more ideas for quilting, especially more links but most of
all for new friends like yourself. ;o) I stay here because I love the group,
the charm, brains and camaraderie of the group. My grandmother taught me to
quilt and sew as a child. I started quilting alone a couple of years ago
because I needed a "special gift" for a very special friend's new grandbaby.
I'm sure that you know the type friend I am referring to. The kind where
just an ordinary set of baby bottles or diapers just wouldn't do. ;o) The
little fellow was around a year old before he got his special gift.
As for my quilting future, I see several UFO's, WIP's, lots of new projects
(enough to last a lifetime), and maybe one day I'll have my own
quilting/fabric shop or a combo woodworking shop! That is my ultimate goal.
I wish for you a speedy recovery and can't wait to see that BOM as soon as
your up to it!
Shelly
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my spirits

up,
thank you muchly! But the days linger long sometimes. I havent energy to

do
much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the power to entertain and amuse me if

you
feel like it, and I hope you do...
Would you please tell me how you came to post at RCTQ, and why you stay,

and
how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your quilting
future. Maybe everyone else will get some pleasure in reading these ..

then
I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,
Diana the slightly bored