Old August 3rd 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
The Clay Empire

Default Looking for a used pottery's wheel

Dan,

I suggest the Brent IE Wheel. It is portable and affordable while very
practical especially for a student. I think you can get the Brent IE
with splash pan for under $600 delivered to your home. It is a great
price and I am sure it will hold the resale value if she decides to
scrapbook instead. If you need to order one and would like to order
through me, just email me . I use this Brent IE
as I teach childrens afterschool programs, churches, organizations and
home schools along with day cares and Montessori schools. It is a
light 45# and works great when you have to lug it from site to site.
The splash pans are great for clean up and the motor is suprisingly
adequate for 16-20 pounds of clay. I often throw from the hump in my
classes and this wheel handles it well. Anymore questions, let me
know!

Chad Everson
The Clay Empire

Dan wrote:
My wife is taking her 2nd set of classes in pottery & I'd like to find a
used wheel for her to use at home. Can anyone suggest a good source for
such equipment, either via mail order (especially with a web site) or in
the Pacific Northwest (we're in Seattle). Any suggestions as to
brand/model for a home use wheel would also be appreciated. I'm also
wondering if anyone has ever built one of these themselves. Seems like
a fairly straightforward machine, motor with foot controller, turntable,
splashpan, 3 legs and a base to hold it all together. Maybe you could
buy the turntable/bearing bits, add a motor & construct the rest? I
found a plan for a kickwheel online, but nothing powered.

TIA

Dan