Old February 3rd 04, 02:21 PM
MB

Oh, I'm glad that works for marking...!..I was in Walmart and picked up one
of those
pencils and refills and didnt think they worked all that great on paper
!!...But...maybe
they were meant for US quilters !!!!....I kept the container for the
leads....it says the brand name is
-ISH , they are 0.7 thick lead, Erasable Colored leads..Acid free....and
in the refill
pack you get 2 each of : green, blue, violet, pink, red, orange and 2 refill
erasers.
Also, says "Awesome on black"... I have the pink lead in one and tried it
on dark
paper but didn't think it was 'awesome'...but was readable . Mary

" Well, I'll be dipped. I finally have in my hot little hands something
that
will mark the dots. Recently, someone here (bless your heart) suggested

the
mechanical pencil with yellow lead from the office supply department -

mine
is from Wal-Mart. I had tried every method sold as a quilter's tool and

none
of them worked for me. Not on dark, medium or busy cotton prints. Not when
trying to make a dot through Mylar or Templar or whatever it is that I

use.
Well...tried to use.
I can't explain it. Who cares? I don't even know what their "real"
purpose might be. But ! the mechanical pencil, as unlikely as it sounds,

is
a keeper. Don't even think about taking it away from me, the 'gators have
been alerted. Polly