Old November 20th 04, 05:07 PM
Su/Cutworks

Connie wrote:

That is interesting, I've always heard that Propane and Oxygen were needed
together to do lampwork.
Glad things are working out for you.

The Hot Head gets sufficient oxygen from the surrounding air, it's not as
high in demand as the dual-hose torches, it was designed to run on a single
fuel source. We can tell a significant difference in the flame depending on
the amount of ventilation in the shed. At the moment it seems to be
significantly affected if our fan heater is running in the shed while the
torch is on, unless the door is fairly wide open (which cuts down on the
effect of the heater...)

It's working out very well, thanks. We're very pleased as it's a huge
savings in fuel costs, at the moment we're not really able to upgrade as we
want to wait till we can use an oxy concentrator rather than oxygen tanks.
We're looking at all the info out there and all the comments about torches,
and are thinking of either a Minor or a Barracuda, depending on
availability, price and the ability to use it with a single oxygen source
such as a concentrator.

Thanks for the kind comments.

-Su