Old April 5th 05, 10:32 PM
Moonraker

If you bead-makers INSIST on discussing this drivel, please remove
rec.crafts.glass from your headings!!!!

"Lara" wrote in message
I have to totally agree with you Kandice. I do not feel comfortable over

at
Art Glass Forum. I haven't been in a while, but the people that run that
seem very negative and just want to complain about WC and other sites.
Also, I think, the won't allow certain people from WC to post because they
are not allowed to post at WC because of inappropriate behavior in the

past.
It is all a mess. SIGH, OK, here I am complaining about the compalining,
I'm not much better.

I don't find ISGB elitist, but lately just super slow with very little
postings.

Lara

--

Check out my eBay auctions under user ID: lutrick
Or click on the link: http://snipurl.com/8fa3
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Thank you for pointing this out, Kalera - the WC situation has been
bothering me for some time - especially since they still actively ask

for
"donations" from the members to "keep the site going", because it's a
"valuable resource for artists" and it costs a lot to keep the site
operational (beg, beg, beg). That would be fine if they weren't selling
advertisements and vendor forums for profit, and censoring everyone's

posts
for "offending links". I think it's unethical to do both those things.
WC claims to be doing everyone a favor by being available. For Profit
websites aren't doing favors - they are in business to make money. That

in
and of itself is fine, as long as they don't masquerade as a community
service.
I don't like the censorship, and haven't for a long time, because it's
biased based on the whim of the moderation team. They keep telling us

that
they don't play favorites, but in fact, they do. Evidence of that is

pretty
clear, all over the Glass Art boards.
I wouldn't buy advertising there.
I still read the boards and post on a rare occasion, because like it or

not,
that is the place everyone goes to trade information. But I have to

tell
you - if the attitude of the guys who run Art Glass Forum were better, I
would be over there in a flash. But I find them to be almost as one

sided
as the people at WC. As a female beadmaker, I really have never felt

welcome
there. And ISGB is fine, but somewhat elitist, so I am almost afraid to
post there.
As it sits, I am somewhat dissatisfied with many of the forums out

there -
so maybe it's just me. LOL

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I have recently found out that Wetcanvas is actively censoring certain
links (to other forums) out of private messages between users... and
this really upsets me. I personally have made furthering accurate
information about lampworking one of my core values, and it breaks my
heart to see a popular company that actively seeks to "protect" its
customers from other sources of information. WC is now a for-profit
company, and profit has for some time gradually been rising over the
sharing of information as their primary goal.

I can't talk about this freely on WC, so I am talking about it freely
here, since I don't run the risk of censorship and this is a

completely
uninvolved place. I'm really, really upset about this; although I had
some time ago made the decision not to post any tutorials to WC (I am
not giving a profit-seeking company my hard work for free) and have

been
wavering on the decision of whether to advertise with them. Well, that
decision is made; my dollars go elsewhere. I spend over $2000/yr on
advertising and not a penny of it will go to them... meanwhile, I WILL
be contributing, financially and otherwise, to not-for-profit forums
like www.Artglassforum.com and www.ISGB.org, not to mention putting my
body and voice in places where I think I can make a difference, like
here.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com