Old February 2nd 05, 01:50 AM
vj

vj found this in rec.crafts.jewelry, from "New Grad"
:

]Do I have to trademark my makers mark
]before I can sell my jewelry outside of my own state? And if so, can you
]tell me how to trademark my makers mark? I don't know the first thing about
]how or where to apply for a trademark.

**IANAL** [I Am Not A Lawyer]
the ones i spoke to regarding this last summer said i COULD do it, but
probably did not need to go to that kind of expense. for something
like registering a trademark, an intellectual property lawyer is what
you would need. stores like K-Mart register their trademark, and then
put an R with a circle around it to indicate that it is a registered
trademark. i still may do it eventually, but with a starting cost of
$800 and up, it wasn't worth it to me yet.

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com