Old January 11th 11, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

Default Pecan Pie recipe

On Jan 11, 12:33*pm, Mary O'Neill wrote:
My mom was given a bunch of pecans and she wants to make a pie.
The only recipe I tried didn't turn out. We need a tried and true recipe
if anyone has one.

To stay on topic, I'm making my husband a quilt. It's the first one I've
made him, but not the first time I've sewn for him *This is the first
quilt I've made in two years. *Been ho hum about sewing over that time.
* I've only been mending. *I feel good about this though and have bought
even more fabric to add to my "To Do" list.

--
Mary O'Neill Customer Service Rep
Medical Data Services

Here's the one I've used for years and it always gets rave reviews:

3 egg lightly beaten with fork or whisk
3/4 dark corn syrup
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup pecans
1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
3 tablespoons melted butter

Combine eggs and corn syrup, mix well. Add sugar, salt, and vanilla
and stir well. Let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile spread pecans evenly
on bottom of pie shell. Stir melted butter into syrup mixture and
pour over the pecans, covering each one. The pecans will rise to the
top. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes until center is firm.

I've never had this recipe fail. It's delicious! Donna