Old August 23rd 03, 04:22 PM
Moonraker

There's real big difference between "contact" cement and "rubber" cement.
Contact cement is what you use to adhere Formica to wood to make counter
tops. I hardly imagine you'd be using that to adhere a pattern to glass.
And, rubber cement is so cheap, why would you want to waste the time to
re-disolve any that had dried up? Just chunk it and open a new bottle.

"Jeff" wrote in message
I asked in this group because I use rubber cement at times for my stained
glass patterns. I didnt know it was wrong to ask!

"Charlie Spitzer" wrote in message
why you asked in this group i can't figure out, but a little bit of

acetone
will work.

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ca...
Hello Everybody!

I once heard of a tip to "refresh" contact cement. Does anyone know

what
can add to the contact cement which is almost dried up in my bottles?

Thanks for your help!