Old September 2nd 04, 04:39 AM
Kandice Seeber

I have to say that I agree with this. While $1000 is really unusual, it's
an insult to call the high bidder of this auction insane. I am sure that
person has a very good reason for wanthing those beads that badly, and
remember that he/she was not the only one. There has to have been another
bidder helping the price get that high. Like I said - maybe that person won
the lottery and had her heart set on those beads at any cost. Maybe the
person behind her put $100 as a high bid "knowing" no one else would "bid
that high". You never know.
Why are we judging this person? Can't we just be happy for them and for
Corina? It's all a matter of perspective.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Lynda wrote:

I'm sorry I don't care how famous you are in the lampworking circles,
$1000.00 for a strand of beads? This is not Corina's fault, but lord,
that's just insane.... Granted as a lampworker, I can't say I wouldn't
like to find a bidder like that - lol.

Why is it insane to pay that for someone's work? I'm really having a hard
time understanding why anyone is that wound up about the price Corina
received for her work. I sold a Barbie a year or so ago that I'd made a
hand-beaded outfit for, and got $200. For a Barbie. Yup, some people

would
imagine that a silly plastic doll wouldn't be worth that much even with a
handmade outfit. I've seen dolls go for thousands and thousands of

dollars,
simply because someone with the money thought the doll was worth it. I
don't see why beads should not get the same respect and money as any other
piece of art/craft.

I buy what I like, and what I can afford. Personally wasn't that hot
on that set, and sure don't have a spare $1000.00 to put towards
lampwork...

It only takes two people to be 'hot' on a set to get to the price they're
willing to pay. For some people a thousand dollars isn't that much, it's
all a question of scale.

Crystals? well that's another story.

I'd rather pay for the handmade item than something machine-made.

-Su