Old December 29th 09, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Default pie crust & quilts

Donna, please don't leave us hanging! The recipe, purdy please?

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Lelandite" wrote in message
Ever try making pie crust with vinegar and milk? the best!

Donna
in WA

Howdy!

Same here, Judy. Oil or shortening makes a great crust,
if you know how to make great crust. G I taught my mom how to make
pie crust, oil, butter, shortening (never lard). She sold her very
popular
pies at the local café where she worked (most popular was her lemon
merigue,
made w/ the huge lemons from s.Tx. groves). I think the secret is/was
just take the time to learn to make a great crust.

Meanwhile, back at the quilt ranch:
http://www.equiltpatterns.com/quiltp...roducts_id=129
http://home.howstuffworks.com/apple-pie-quilt-block.htm

http://pieintheskyquilts.com/

R/Sandy

On 12/27/09 8:16 PM, in article , "ME-Judy"
wrote:

Gosh, Taria, I'll have to disagree with you about using oil in pie
crusts
G. I use canola oil. The trick I learned is to roll it out between
two
sheets of wax paper.

[ Lay the bottom wax paper going the long way in one direction, put down
the
crust, and lay the other wax paper going in the other direction. so that
you
end up with the wax papers making a square in the center!]

Roll the dough to the edges of the square part -- well, to make a
circle,
you don't roll it all the way out to the corners - just to the flat
sides.
Take off the top sheet, turn the dough/bottom wax paper over and put it
on
the pie pan. Gently press down. Then gently peel off the 2nd wax paper
sheet. Voila!
ME-Judy

"Taria" wrote in message
I make an awesome pie crust but there really is no way to do a low fat
one.
Sure you can do the oil ones but they are just not ever going to be
great.