Old December 29th 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Default oil in pie crusts....was pie crust & quilts

I tried fat-free half-and-half and it was really good over sweetened berries
and with oatmeal, etc. I'm sure it would be great in a quiche, too.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Taria" wrote in message
It's a trade off jeanne. I've made them. They are what
I would call 'serviceable. Sure they work but they just
are not what you expect when you get a great flaky
pie crust. They are a lot healthier but I think just going
a route other than pies for dessert is the way for me.
Quiche is tough because you have a lot of dairy. Once
again you can use low or fat free but is isn't going to
have the taste you would expect if you are used to
good eats. I am trying to learn to adjust what is
acceptable but golly it is tough. Might help if
I had high cholesterol or needed to lose weight.
We eat really well here. Not a lot of food out or
prepared stuff so we are spoiled.
Please report back with your results and share?
Taria
"J*" wrote in message
now i'm off googling pie crusts with oil rather than
lard/shortening/butter/margarine.
i found one made with olive oil for a vegetable quiche.
you put the oil into the freezer to solidify somewhat first.
looks good and seems easy enough and would be healthier if it tastes as
nice.
other oil recipes used oil and milk together and add that to flour/salt.
again easy enough. might have to try one of those soon.
off to find some more info on this type of crust.
j.