Old August 23rd 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default OT Good thoughts Please

Poor child! She has my good wishes for a speedy recovery.
((((HUGS))))

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"NightMist" wrote in message
:
: A friend of our in North Carolina has been having a run of
ill luck.
: 3 pets died over the course of 2 months, and now her 14
year old
: god-daughter is very ill.
: The girl has had a fever since May. The local doctor kept
sending her
: home with antibiotics and instructions to take tylenol.
Finally last
: month he started runnng tests. The girl's mother was
getting very
: aggressive about demanding a referral to a different
doctor.
: Then last week the child quite suddenly was having
difficulty staying
: stood up, and kept forgetting thngs like her name and age.
: After a bunch of tests for other stuff, they have finally
figured out
: that she has encephalitis. And that the infection has
attacked her
: mitral valv (she was born with a mitral valve defect) and
it is about
: shot now. Plus she has had a stroke, probably because of a
blood clot
: from the heart problem. The Duke pediatric surgery team
is now
: waiting for the infection to be beat down so they can fix
her heart,
: they actually have the helicopter on standby for her for
when she
: goes.
:
: Any good thoughts and well wishes for the poor child and
her family
: are more than welcome.
:
: NightMist
: --
: I'm a little teapot, short and stout
: here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?
: Bloody Hell!!
: I'm a sugar bowl!