Old August 23rd 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

Default OT Good thoughts Please

good thots and healing vibes on the way across the pacific for the wee lass.
14yo is way way too young to have such problems, being a teenager is hard
enough.
keep us advised on her progress.
hugz for all of you,
jeanne
btdt when ds had meningitis at 14yo, a terrible thing for any parent to
deal with when your kids are so ill

"NightMist" wrote...

A friend of our in North Carolina has been having a run of ill luck.
3 pets died over the course of 2 months, and now her 14 year old
god-daughter is very ill.
The girl has had a fever since May. The local doctor kept sending her
home with antibiotics and instructions to take tylenol. Finally last
month he started runnng tests. The girl's mother was getting very
aggressive about demanding a referral to a different doctor.
Then last week the child quite suddenly was having difficulty staying
stood up, and kept forgetting thngs like her name and age.
After a bunch of tests for other stuff, they have finally figured out
that she has encephalitis. And that the infection has attacked her
mitral valv (she was born with a mitral valve defect) and it is about
shot now. Plus she has had a stroke, probably because of a blood clot
from the heart problem. The Duke pediatric surgery team is now
waiting for the infection to be beat down so they can fix her heart,
they actually have the helicopter on standby for her for when she
goes.

Any good thoughts and well wishes for the poor child and her family
are more than welcome.

NightMist
--
I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?