Old March 2nd 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default big foot + little foot

In article .com,
"Wren" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone use these generic presser feet: The Big Foot for
freemotion quilting or The Little Foot for quarter inch seams?

I've done some research and read in the archives but the posts I read
were a bit old. How do they hold up in time? Any cracking? I read
one reviewer who said her Little Foot melted because her machine is
near a window and she lived in Georgia. How about the performance on
the Big Foot? Does it really make a difference? I spoke to an owner
of a quilt shop and one of her employees who said it wasn't worth it
and didn't see any improvement in freemotion quilting. They sell the
same kind of machine I have and probably used it on a Janome. Any
feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Renee

I bought a little foot and recently gave it to the quilt guild treasure
table.

Light plastic meaning it just floats over everything rather than holding
fabric against the feed dogs. I did like the 1/4 inch markings for
pivoting etc. But, I just found it quite difficult to keep things
accurate.

Janome makes a lovely 1/4 inch foot and I would recommend getting that
if that is the kind of machine you have.

marcella