Old March 20th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default How do you organize your thread?

In article . net,
"Judy W" wrote:

I meant to reply to group.

The Bernina People told me that Coats and Clarks was the worst thread you
could use on your machine. Can anyone back that up?
That was all I ever bought, but now I'm changing over to a better thread
since my son bought me a new Bernina Artista 730. I still don't know how to
use it though. I can sew but haven't tried to hook it up to the PC yet. It
kind of scares me.

Judy

I don't know about the worst thread. Sounds a little extreme to me.

I do think it's a lot fuzzier than other thread. Unroll a piece and
look at it under your trusty magnifying glass. For the regular, all
purpose thread the ones I get at Joanns there are always lots of little
hairs sticking out. fuzz. Fills up the bobbin case with fuzz after
very little sewing. I could see this being a problem with those sewing
people who don't clean out their bobbin cases or clean their machine
regularly.

Because the all purpose stuff is poly core coated with cotton I don't
use it for piecing because I am a cotton thread girl when it comes to
that. It's just my thing.

I know that there are some hand quilters who really like their hand
quilting thread. So, it could be that the quality of their thread
varies or it could be that the fuzz isn't an issue for hand quilting. I
dunno.

I always found it great for sewing kids halloween costumes though.

marcella