Old March 20th 04, 03:14 PM
Julia Altshuler

I make a game of it. I give myself a point for each spam message I
delete without reading and subtract a point for each one I miss and open
before realizing it is spam.

Some are easy. If the subject line reads "perspective Carribean elegy
doughnut," and I've never heard of the sender, I know to delete that
right away. Likewise for "VI*agr!a" and "$$$loseweight now." Some are
harder. I might be tempted to open something that says "blast from the
past" sent by a name that looks familiar. It could be spam, but it
could be some old friend I haven't heard from in 20 years wondering if
I'm the person she remembers. So I open it and give myself a dope slap
if it there's an offer to enlarge my penis inside. I total up at the
end of the day. I always win. I get 15-30 spam messages a day and only
open one every now and then.

--Lia