Old November 11th 03, 02:16 AM
TwinMom

Just a quick clarification here friends. My sons CAN use the men's room
alone, and they frequently do if it's a safe and clean environment. I don't
mind waiting outside. The real problem comes when I am out with my
"entourage" as I now call them. When the boys were younger and I had to
"go", I'd take them in with me and, if it was a quiet place, they'd wait by
the sinks and I'd just talk to them constantly, however, if it was busy -
like a large movie theater or restaurant, I'd make them stick a foot near
the door of my stall so I could see them. Now, they're older and we have a
little girl, so things get even more complicated. With now three kids in
tow, it's difficult to attend to everyone's needs. Generally, if DD has to
go, it becomes a group thing. I'm still not comfortable making them wait
outside while DD & I do our thing, so, frequently, I take them in with us
and they use an adjoining stall for times sake. They are still just 7, (and
I DON'T allow them to peek under doors, etc.!!) so, for safety's sake, I'm
still taking them where I can watch them, but I do realize that the time
will come when I just can't be there. I'm still waiting a year or two from
now though. By then, I can just wait outside for the whole lot of them and
maybe get a little hand stitching done during that "quiet time". LOL
Thanks again for all of the input. It's an interesting discussion.