Old November 11th 03, 02:00 AM
Teresa in Colorado

I understand what you are saying. I'd forgotten about this (and I am a
charter member of the TWBS). I also have this worry when going places with
DS#1 who is 14 but just learning how to fend for himself.

If the twins are both with you AND you are in a "safe" place (say a local
small restaurant where everyone knows you rather than a big mall full of
unknowns), start teaching the boys to start waiting quietly outside for you
with instructions to YELL LOUDLY if anything alarms them. Teach them now.

I recently traveled from here to Birmingham Alabama with DS#1 - I hadn't
even thought of the restroom issue. He's been doing really well (we are
working awfully hard on this one - after all, he will be an adult someday
and want as much independance as possible), but the first bathroom trip had
me very nervous. I broke the record getting in and out of there in a hurry.
But, all was well - he was waiting patiently for me right where I told him
to.

--
Teresa in Colorado

The Presser Foot
Sewing Machine Sales, Service, Supplies, and More
www.thepresserfoot.com
--
"TwinMom" wrote in message
I suppose the hardest part is when the need is My Own. Without the little
one, I would usually wait if I had to go, but now things have changed. I
really can't feel comfortable leaving the boys alone outside with Both DD
and myself take care of business. I do wish the world were not such an
unsafe place for kids these days.