Old August 24th 03, 12:10 PM
juliasb(nospam)

In the area where I live there are any number of garage sales on any
given weekend... usually just a small sign posted at the end of a main
road that leads into a subdivision or such. On Saturday we hit a
'subdivision' sale where there were about 50 homes in the subdivision
that were having garage sales... those are the best IMHO because you can
do a lot with little travel. Of course there are any number that are
like you have experienced, but then there are the ones that seem to have
so many goodies that it is hard to pull away from. And I always offer
less that what something is marked for. Usually people are willing to
take less if their real intention is to sell it. If not they I figure
they either want to keep it or throw it away. Estate sales are the best
with moving sales running in a close second. I picked up a couple
things over the weekend, like the pressure cooker and (new) king size
sheet sets, the the seller had no idea of the value of these items.
I will usually leave the house with about $20 and come home most of
the time with treasure that are worth hundreds.
I suppose you will just have to come out this way and spend a day
doing garage sales with me. Oh yeah, and Thursday is always the best day.
juliasb

KittyG wrote:
How do you find these sales? Every garage sale I manage to drag my DH to
has a few dented pots and pans, old shoes, odd ashtrays and old children's
toys, etc.

bleh.

kitty the grinch. Bah humbug!

--