Old March 25th 04, 10:43 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:32:20 +0000, Patti
wrote:

Now that, Jo, is one of the fascinating sort of fact that I will carry
around in my mind to the end of my days!! I just love that kind of
knowledge.
You can't believe what a little buzz I have going having learned that.
And, I'm not being in the least sarcastic.
I shall tell my little maths coaching class on Monday; they need little
snippets to give one-up on their smarter classmates!!
.
In article , Johanna Gibson
writes
snipped
On a note of curiosity - the "A is for apple" starts the English
alphabet, but in Russian, "Ya is for yabloko" (apple) would end the
alphabet because ya is the last letter.

-- Jo in Scotland

Boy am I glad to know I'm not wasting everyone's time! I like these
little factoids, but I realize that some people are annoyed by this
sort of information, because how would you ever categorize it? And
what is the purpose of it anyway? Why, my friend, it is so that I
will always win at trivial pursuit, and I always have things to talk
about at cocktail parties.

-- Jo in Scotland