Old March 24th 04, 07:49 PM
Pat in Virginia

Yeah, you all looked great.
Alphabet in English is the same in all forms. Don't know about
Spanish, and the comments on this thread are a tad confusing to
me ... it has been a reeeeeealy looooong time since I took HS
Spanish! G

I guess what I meant by American English is that different
English speaking cultures have somedifferent words. Example: if I
had a picture of a cookie, I would make that "C is for Cookie"
not "B is for Biscuit" as the British might do. Capice? For X I
use X Ray ... does that work in Spanish too?

TTFN, PAT

"Dr. Quilter" wrote:

Thanks Pat....

don't we look adorable? )

I was rethinking the quilt and decided to clarify what I meant: I don't
NEED to use a fabric that works for different letters in both languages
(what to do if eg. a fabric with apples is used for A in english and M
in spanish, and then I want to use one with motorbikes for the M in
english, which would also be M in spanish - it gets even more
complicated), but that I CAN use a fabric for two letters in each side
so I won't really need 26+27 fabrics because of the overlap. Now, I need
stuff with 'enhe' (netscape does not take the alt letters, I have to
copy and paste from another message). I could use a nhandu (rhea
americana) for example... Q in spanish is easy, cheese. the only thing I
can think of with X in both languages would be a xylophone! this is why
this is a long term project.. one of these days I should make inventory
of what I have - an excel spreadsheet with 3 columns will come in handy
(fabric description, word it would work for in Spanish and English!)

BTW, I think there is only one English and Spanish alphabets, right? Or
do you guys mean for example the british would be different from the
American??? I am going with the RAE for the Spanish