Old February 25th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - Prayer Request for a child

Big hugs to Billy Tina. I'm sorry you all have to go through
so much right now. There are a lot of good thoughts and prayers
being sent out for you. We've seen it work here before.
Hugs, TAria

Tina wrote:

Being the very appreciative recipient of a huge bundle of love and
prayers this week, I feel almost ashamed to ask for prayers today - but
I absolutely have to. Not for myself though, for Billy.

It's a long, years old story - but it appears that we are headed back
to court again. Since my daughter left home and I am headed to NIH to
try and get a handle on my health issues - my ex has decided that this
all means that I am not a fit mother (again) and that my son should be
taken away from me and go to live with this alcoholic and abusive man
and his family.

This is just tearing Billy to pieces! His dad apparently worked on him
heavily this past Saturday, trying to convince him that he "wants" to
go live with his dad. It creates intense feelings of guilt, insecurity
and fear for the poor child because he doesn't want to leave his mom,
he doesn't want to hurt his dad...... it's a long story and far too
much to expect a child to deal with.

He is still in therapy and had an extremely rough session with her on
Wednesday. Yesterday we went to his psychiatrist and she has now
diagnosed him with Severe Depressive Disorder. (He asked me on Sunday
if I knew how long it takes somebody to die if they stab themself.
When I asked him why he would ask such a question, he told me it was
because he wants to die. He doesn't want to go through this any more!)

It is really heartbreaking and unfortunately, there isn't anything I
can do to stop the situation at the moment except to prepare to go
through the court battle again and try to put a permanent stop to it
this time.

The most important and valuable thing (I feel) that I can do for him at
this moment - is to pray. Whatever form that takes for you, I'd
appreciate it immensely on Billy's behalf. A good thought, a pagan
blessing, a Goddesses wish, whatever - Billy and I just need all the
faith and hope we can get at the moment and we'll take it in any way we
can get it!

Thank you again with all my heart for your Hugs and prayers already,
and thank you even more so, for Billy
Tina