Old August 27th 03, 12:19 AM
The Nielands

If that's the worst mistake you ever make, you can be proud of yourself! At
what point did you realize that you'd reversed the colors? I made a block
the other night and just as I got ready to mail it to a friend, I noticed
the fabric in the center of the square was wrong-side out! I really debated
about pulling it all apart and resewing it, but it's not a really noticeable
difference between the right and wrong sides, and I think the friend will
appreciate the "error of my ways."

Louise in Iowa
"Bonnie" wrote in message
Charlotte Henson wrote:

The amusing thing in all of this is that I gave this quilt to my current
boyfriend and have given all the others I've made myself to various
people. So I'm a stealth quilter at my home. It takes a quilter to know
one. You'd see my stash of cottons organized by color and my rotary
cutter and mat. Other than that there isn't a quilt in the place. And it
may be blasphemy but I'm not sure I want one. Maybe it's only the mother
of all quilts for me... Maybe I just haven't found *my* quilting voice.

-Charlotte

The first quilt that I made that I kept was a drunkard's
path that I got the colors reversed on one square. The
pattern was lost because of that mistake. Afterwards, I
made another one with the correct pattern - I kept that one
also!

--
Bonnie
NJ