Old October 1st 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Default Kokomo Glass factory

Ron Parker wrote:

Kokomo's glass just happens to be made by hand before that point. I
suppose that makes them artisans. Or is that Artisans?

*******************
When the first guy scoops it out of the oven, he walks over to where
he pours it with a constant jerking motion, flipping the glass a
little into the air. I don't know if that is to keep it from adhering
to the scoop or if it somehow begins the swirling of the colors. The
second guy smashes it out a little and then folds it into itself. He
then presses down edges as it rolls into the machine.

Kokomo had "artisan" written all over it. With all the nauseating
quality management programs I've had to put up with over the years, it
was a breath of fresh air.

Michael