Old June 8th 04, 08:57 PM
I.E.Z.

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message
news:NDoxc.20512$Sw.11319@attbi_s51...
Thanks for the prompt and knowledgeable replies. I have the right
ruler, but I've never used it. I have all the fabric for this quilt
spilled on my table, but I can't decide what to do next. This is like
writer's block. I'm not afraid of cutting the fabric. I don't know
what it is. Now I'm leaning away from storm at sea. I'm still thinking
on this.

--Lia

It's quilter's block! I sometimes have a terrible time with this. I have
my next project all picked out. Then I finish the current one, and all of a
sudden I'm not sure if I want to do the one I thought i did. Sometimes I
decide the pattern is fussier than I want to bother with right now.
Sometimes the fabrics that seemed so good on the shelf now don't want to
play nice on the table. Sometimes I'm torn between the selected project
and another one. I just waste time shuffling fabric and patterns around
until I am fed up with myself. You might try just leaving the fabric on
the table, if you can, and walk away. Sometimes this works. This is one
reason I keep my log cabin box with all my pre-cut strips. Sometimes it
helps to just grab up some strips and make scrap log cabin blocks. Then
they go into lap quilts or quillows.

Iris