Old July 17th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Default hand quilting frame/hoop

Sarah Dixon wrote:
I am looking to buy a hand quilting frame / hoop. Does anybody have any
opinions as to whether a hoop or a Q snap quilting frame is better? Also
what is the difference between a simple quilting frame and a tapestry
frame?

I have both the quilting hoop and a Q-snap. I prefer the hoop, though I
do use the Q-snap on borders because it is easier to quilt close to the
edge of the quilt. I think the tension on the fabric is more even with
the hoop. I like to turn my work to change the direction of my
stitching; that sometimes gets a bit awkward with the Q-snap.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/