Old August 9th 03, 08:23 AM
KCK

wrote in message
I'm trying to get clear on some of this topic.

Same here. I don't read the group for a week and have to catch up. :-)

As I reviewed this thread, it did go on quite a while, and got

sarcastic
and disrespectful, before anyone actually mentioned to Cheyne that her
advertising was "against the rules." The conversaton among the RCTQ
insiders treated these rules as though they should be universally

known.
A newsgroup newbie might not even know there are FAQ. (I have no idea
how new Cheyne may be; perhaps she *should" have known better.)

I reviewed the various threads too, using Google to help me "catch up"
on what I'm reading here.

I don't know if Cheyne is for real or not, but more clarity and
gentleness on our part at the very beginning of this thread might have
kept the heat down.

Cheyne is an unusual name, so it wasn't too difficult to do a Google
search. At first, I was looking for connections to "our" (well, many
other groups share in this) usenet troll to whom I'd prefer not to give
credit (the old-timers know her well), as she is always willing to add
to her growing portfolio of tomfoolery, so it is conceivable that the
referenced email which Cheyne does not claim was the work said troll,
but I digress).

If this Cheyne is the person she says she is (and not an impersonator),
then I've just read a flattering (well, I think so anyway) article about
her and a few of her peers from the web archives (originally from the
Houston Chonicle back in 2000), about a young woman of 19 who formed a
company to do something about the drug abuse present in the rave parties
they enjoyed attending. This certainly fits with the entrepreneurial
person we've met here, so her defending what's left of her Google
presence, is certainly justified, as it will likely be read by a future
employer unless she is lucky enough to be running the dang company
herself.

Yes, that's probably a duel-edged swoard defense, but pretty much brings
it all back around to the original theme. Hey, I'm not taking sides,
just presenting what I've read.

And remember folks...whatever you write here will be here for your
grandchildren and everyone else to read.

--

KCK ( in Texas)
Take out the DOG before sending email