Old January 21st 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Pogonip

Default patterns anyone for bond knitting machine

Hi Marge,

That would be me. ;-) I made a note of your meeting in December, but
managed to forget it until it was over. Sorry! I hope you had some
turnout. I don't know who around here is still knitting. I think Pat
has moved her shop back into her garage, but I don't know how active she
is these days. Maggie, Shirley, Sharon and I used to trek down to
Carson City when Penny had her shop open - what a great shop that was!

At the moment, my KM is buried in a room in the basement, which happened
when one of the kids moved back home for a while and moved everything in
two rooms into one. Yikes! I do have some circular sock knitting
machines upstairs, but haven't gotten past knitting a tube. I sure wish
there were someone around here who knew the secrets of the ribber and
short-rowing on a CSM. Of course, I do have some videos and a CD or
two......and a short attention span.....

I've been yearning to get to the KM. Perhaps I'll get a round tuit and
attack the contents of that room - a daunting notion.

mkdesigner wrote:
Hi Joanne,

I *think* we know each other! I used to be the Program Secretary at
WARC. If you are the same kind lady who had me over to her house
several years ago and we talked about machine knitting, I'd love to get
together with you again soon.

I've started a local group for machine knitting called the Great Basin
Machine Knitters. We try to meet once
a month at the Washoe Library in Sparks. Didn't have a meeting in
Dec., and I'm not sure if I can get the
room in January (they're supposed to call me back today or tomorrow).

Marge in Reno
Unique Designs For Machine Knitters
http://www.mkdesigner.com
Free Newsletter Editor: http://www.greatbasinmk.com