Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: charlie
Forum: Glass April 1st 09, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 4
Posted By charlie
ceramic kilns: heard they are not compatible with glass???

"Larry" wrote in message
Hello,

I was recently informed that once a kiln is used for...
Forum: Glass November 24th 08, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 5
Posted By charlie
Need a source of Custom Bevels

wrote in message
I am working on a stained glass project, custom size for a door
panel. I am in...
Forum: Glass September 3rd 08, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 10
Posted By charlie
Cutting mirror with glass cutter...?

"Kris Krieger" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm still learning a lot, so I don't know this - cabn a regular type of
mirror be cut...
Forum: Glass July 15th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 9
Posted By charlie
Cylinder vase

"nJb" wrote in message
Anybody know a source for a glass cylinder vase 12"D x 22"H?

Jack

i've seen things like that...
Forum: Glass June 4th 08, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By charlie
Weatherproofing copper foil...?

"Chemo the Clown" wrote in message
On Jun 3, 2:55 pm, "charlie"...
Forum: Glass June 3rd 08, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By charlie
Weatherproofing copper foil...?

"Chemo the Clown" wrote in message
On Jun 3, 12:03 pm, Kris Krieger wrote:
Hi,

I...
Forum: Pottery May 16th 08, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By charlie
working temperature

"Susie Thompson" wrote in message
I was 'talking' to Donna a couple of days back and she said

"Should it not still be cold...
Forum: Pottery March 6th 08, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 10
Posted By charlie
Copper inlays

"Susie Thompson" wrote in message
In message , Bob Masta
Forum: Pottery February 27th 08, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By charlie
Eye Protection

"DDJ via CraftKB.com" u40418@uwe wrote in message
I'm new to pottery/raku. I have read that it's bad on your eyes to look
into
the kiln without some form of eye...
Forum: Glass February 11th 08, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 8
Posted By charlie
Cutting rough glass

"Lauri Levanto" wrote in message
M wrote:
I have a good few lumps of old broken glass some up to about 3" thick and
Forum: Glass December 20th 07, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By charlie
End-lit glass rod

"David Billington" wrote in message
David Billington wrote:
Adrian Godwin wrote:
Hi all,

I need...
Forum: Pottery December 13th 07, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 11
Posted By charlie
Disaster

"D Kat" wrote in message
Ok Rob - those are fighting words! (fine I'm a nerd wantabe but...). I
like my miter and recipical saw...
Forum: Pottery December 7th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 12
Posted By charlie
Talc!

The Canadian government is still trying to mine and sell asbestos
as an insulation. It's doing this because there are great quantities
of it in Quebec. But it generally* can't be sold in...
Forum: Pottery December 5th 07, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 12
Posted By charlie
Talc!

"DKat" wrote in message
Apparently Ceramic Supplies (NJ) gets its talc from a mine in Connecticut
where the talc has been...
Forum: Pottery November 20th 07, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By charlie
Glaze remelting/refiring

"Bubbles_" wrote in message

"charlie" wrote in message
Forum: Pottery November 20th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By charlie
Glaze remelting/refiring

"DKat" wrote in message
Your glaze in the second firing is actually going to be melting at a lower
temperature so unless the...
Forum: Glass November 16th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 1
Posted By charlie
Kokomo suffixes

"Michael" wrote in message
I'll be passing through Kokomo the end of this month, and I'm going to
Forum: Pottery November 16th 07, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By charlie
thin crust of glaze

"dkat" wrote in message
I don't know about kitty litter being bentonite (and I would certainly not
use litter that has odor...
Forum: Glass September 26th 07, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By charlie
Bevels

"Michael" wrote in message
Neoglassic wrote:

Stock sizes are sorta limited...what are you looking for? If I
Forum: Glass September 20th 07, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 9
Posted By charlie
Write names on glass

"Joe" wrote in message ...
murano wrote:
Hi Friends, I would like to know how to writr names on glass, as to do
a souvenior, lets say 8 inches...
Forum: Glass September 10th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By charlie
Grozer/Breaker Tool

"Michael" wrote in message
glassman wrote:

Andy I thought you were a real man not a sissy? We certainly teach
Forum: Glass July 27th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 20
Posted By charlie
First design using Glass Eye

"Michael" wrote in message
javahut wrote:

You see how much goes into the thought process when you are putting
Forum: Glass July 25th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 20
Posted By charlie
First design using Glass Eye

"Michael" wrote in message
charlie wrote:

think also about fold lines and try to break them up.

Forum: Glass July 24th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 20
Posted By charlie
First design using Glass Eye

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi everybody!

Would appreciate your comments on this design, pro and con. I know I
Forum: Glass July 12th 07, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 10
Posted By charlie
Mixing glass types and Tiffany styrofoam forms

"Michael" wrote in message
Charlie wrote:

take a trip over to kokomo to the glass factory. they sell lots of
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29