Showing results 1 to 25 of 112
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pogonip
Forum: Sewing August 10th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 19
Posted By Pogonip
Bernina fraud on eBay

me wrote:
Interesting hypothesis.. I can see how it could be done, and I suppose
that there are some sellers on eBay who are cut-throat enough to try
it....

Personally, I buy on eBay all...
Forum: Sewing August 1st 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 19
Posted By Pogonip
Bernina fraud on eBay

Olwyn Mary wrote:
sewfine wrote:

I didn't claim to KNOW the auction was legitimate; I only said it
appeared legit to me -- in my opinion. I have no idea who this seller
is! My only...
Forum: Sewing August 1st 07, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 3
Posted By Pogonip
Oh my gosh!

SteveB wrote:
I recently bought a Singer 155 Walking foot machine with base and everything
that would come with it new except for attachments. I paid $250 for it. I
was ecstatic, wanting to...
Forum: Sewing July 31st 07, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 19
Posted By Pogonip
Bernina fraud on eBay

Kate XXXXXX wrote:

English BBQ'D Troll

First polish up your BBQ, removing all rust and flood damage, and don
your special shoes
Forum: Sewing July 31st 07, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 19
Posted By Pogonip
Bernina fraud on eBay

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
BEI Design wrote:

In addition to which, the Terms of Service of eBay specifically
prohibit spamming Usenet. Unfortunately, eBay does...
Forum: Sewing July 31st 07, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 19
Posted By Pogonip
Bernina fraud on eBay

BEI Design wrote:
Pogonip wrote:

Another problem is that this Jan is posting through an
anonymizer, which does not speak well for his/her
intentions.
For now, I choose to ignore any...
Forum: Sewing July 31st 07, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 19
Posted By Pogonip
Bernina fraud on eBay

Taria wrote:
I assumed the Jan (OP) was the seller. I really am not sure what she
is up to. I would bet she is affiliated with the one seller that has
shown up more than once and is making...
Forum: Sewing July 30th 07, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 19
Posted By Pogonip
Bernina fraud on eBay

Taria wrote:
I wouldn't buy anything from this particular seller. The usenet rules
are no ads. This seller has continually disregarded the rules. They
don't mean anything to her. So why...
Forum: Sewing July 30th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 19
Posted By Pogonip
Bernina fraud on eBay

sewfine wrote:
Yes, it's unfortunate but true that Berninas and other high end sewing
machines are frequent fraud items on eBay. However, the auction
Phaedrine referenced appears to be...
Forum: Sewing July 15th 07, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 5
Posted By Pogonip
Singer Questions

SteveB wrote:
"BEI Design" wrote in message

Pogonip wrote:

SteveB wrote:

I found...
Forum: Sewing July 15th 07, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 5
Posted By Pogonip
Singer Questions

BEI Design wrote:
Pogonip wrote:

SteveB wrote:

I found a Singer 111W155 today at a yard sale for $250.
It has the original table, and motor and foot and knee
controls. It has the...
Forum: Sewing July 15th 07, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 5
Posted By Pogonip
Singer Questions

SteveB wrote:
I found a Singer 111W155 today at a yard sale for $250. It has the original
table, and motor and foot and knee controls. It has the double spool
holder. It looks like any of...
Forum: Sewing July 13th 07, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 5
Posted By Pogonip
Crazy Quilting

Kirsten wrote:
wrote in message

Margie O'Hara wrote:

The topic of this post is Crazy Quilting, which is a type...
Forum: Quilting July 2nd 07, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Pogonip
Seeking best insulating "fluff", fill, batting, whatever

Paul Ciszek wrote:
I was a looking for a source of "fluff"--something I could stuff into
small gaps--with the best possible thermal insulating value. I'm not
sewing, I'm constructing...
Forum: Sewing July 2nd 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 59
Posted By Pogonip
A Sewing Machine For The Workshop

NoOne N Particular wrote:
However, what I wanted to say in responding to your question is that I
would suggest you find one that has a reverse. Mine doesn't. I have
found myself wishing...
Forum: Sewing July 1st 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 59
Posted By Pogonip
A Sewing Machine For The Workshop

Mike Berger wrote:
You can also get treadle operated machines for occasional use and
exercise.

This overcomes some of the problems with motors not strong enough to
penetrate several layers. In...
Forum: Sewing July 1st 07, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 59
Posted By Pogonip
A Sewing Machine For The Workshop

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On occasion I find myself needing to create items for the home
workshop that require a sewing machine.

I am looking for recommendations in what to look for in a...
Forum: Yarn June 30th 07, 06:24 PM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 273
Posted By Pogonip
Apology was OT: SPAM

ellice wrote:

I am working on an art garment jacket done with the Laurel Birch mythical
horses, and some sheers interspersed (for me). The base is a lovely
hand-dyed purple cotton, and it's...
Forum: Needlework June 30th 07, 06:20 PM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 264
Posted By Pogonip
OT Discount stores was Home again.

ellice wrote:
On 6/29/07 2:02 PM, "Pogonip" wrote:

So, where did you live in FLA? The oddest thing here in VA, someone that I
met via synagogue- her kids went to...
Forum: Needlework June 29th 07, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 264
Posted By Pogonip
Apology was OT: SPAM

Tia Mary wrote:

I can fully understand! I haven't been able to figure out how to
*not* cross post either. My header only shows the group I want to read
but if I respond to something...
Forum: Needlework June 29th 07, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 264
Posted By Pogonip
OT Discount stores was Home again.

ellice wrote:

I totally understand. Where I grew up, the big discount place in FL was
Zayre's - which was from Massachusetts, and we did plenty of shopping there.
Or at Jefferson's -...
Forum: Yarn June 29th 07, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

ellice wrote:

I totally understand. Where I grew up, the big discount place in FL was
Zayre's - which was from Massachusetts, and we did plenty of shopping there.
Or at Jefferson's -...
Forum: Yarn June 26th 07, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 273
Posted By Pogonip
Home again.

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/26/07 3:15 PM, in article , "Pogonip"
wrote:

Google is my friend. It was very difficult *wiping sweat from brow*...
Forum: Needlework June 26th 07, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 264
Posted By Pogonip
Home again.

wrote:

Google is my friend. It was very difficult *wiping sweat from brow*...
Forum: Needlework June 26th 07, 08:15 PM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 264
Posted By Pogonip
Home again.

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/26/07 1:43 PM, in article , "Pogonip"
wrote:

As a public service, I submit to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 112