Showing results 1 to 25 of 222
Search took 1.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_]
Forum: Quilting October 7th 10, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
button idea

On 10/6/10 9:35 PM, Taria wrote:
This is a fun way to use those bins full of buttons.
http://www.recyclart.org/2009/03/curtain-with-buttons/

taria

I love that idea! Now I have just...
Forum: Quilting October 2nd 10, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
OT Oh My!

On 10/2/10 5:57 AM, NightMist wrote:
We got a letter in the mail today that just left us laughing like crack
addled loons.

It appears that our "fifth or sixth grader" has been invited to be...
Forum: Quilting October 2nd 10, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
World's Biggest Quilt (or Hexagons Gone Wild!)

On 10/1/10 11:34 AM, Bev in TX wrote:
I vaguely remember someone mentioning this quilt, while it was still in
progress. It was completed in May, but this is the first time I ran
across the...
Forum: Quilting September 29th 10, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
New 'Herding Cats' photos from Polly

On 9/28/10 9:16 PM, Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
Enjoy the views! http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl
jennellh

Polly, looking at your quilt album is like going to a party. Fun, fun,...
Forum: Quilting September 29th 10, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
and from Pami : )

Alan came to visit me. I have my laptop and cell phone for now.
So far no PE but Cellutitis and a superfical thrombosis. I hope to get
home soon before the weekend. Love you...
Forum: Quilting September 28th 10, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
from Pami's Alan

He posted this on facebook. We can all be praying for them.

"This is Pami's hubby.... Her arm is really bad from lymphedema..staying
at Vassar hospital. I'll let everyone know whats going on in...
Forum: Quilting September 26th 10, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
spray-on fabric

Okay, quilters. What can we do with THIS one?

Watch this video -

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/emergingtech/engineers-go-couture-with-spray-on-fabric/2385

Karen, Queen of Sqishies
Forum: Quilting September 11th 10, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
NZ earthquake info

On 9/10/10 8:52 PM, DiMa wrote:
Hi all,

I just received this amazing information from a dear friend in NZ and
thought you might like to have a look at what they are going through.

Forum: Quilting September 8th 10, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
OT My 60th b-day- Ugh!

On 9/7/10 3:28 PM, Leslie& The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
I just got home with my gift from me to me! Celebrating (?!?!?) this
milestone needed a very special 'something', so.........

Forum: Quilting August 28th 10, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
finished project

Nice Job. I also am curious. What is fused edge?
John

Thanks, John, and I've been loving your Girly projects! Read the
explanation I replied to Sandy, you might get the picture that way....
Forum: Quilting August 28th 10, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
finished project

That's a wonderful piece, Karen! What is fused-edge appliqué, though?

I couldn't find it online to show you, but it was in a past issue of AQS
mag. You apply a thinned version of Liquid...
Forum: Quilting August 28th 10, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
finished project

I finished a wall-hanging for a friend. I used a technique called
fused-edge applique. I liked it well enough to try it again, and my
friend LOVED her little bird. You can see it at this link. ...
Forum: Quilting August 27th 10, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Unwanted Catalogs was Queen of Stitching

On 8/27/10 1:11 AM, Pauline wrote:
I use this site - http://www.catalogchoice.org/ to stop receiving
catalogs from MOST places I do not want catalogs from. Some companies do
not cooperate with...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 10, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
feeling stupid

Or you can use "control r" just so you have another choice

Judie

Now that's handy! Because my reply button is not in the message header.
I did follow Louse's instructions, and it came...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 10, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
feeling stupid

Uh oh - I wonder when my TB will do an update. At least I'll know what
to do when I can't find the reply button anymore! Thx!
Allison

Yes, Louise's paragraph worked. Only - my reply button...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 10, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
feeling stupid

Thunderbird, my newsreader, decided to update itself. Now I can't find
the 'reply' button when I read the messages. What I wanted to say was -
John, you should start a line of Girly accessories...
Forum: Quilting August 12th 10, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
OT awesome singer

Gen wrote:
www.vimeo.com/12348372

tears and goose-bumps!

Beautiful!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
what happened?

Pat S wrote:
Alice was starting to have significant family problems, when she last
wrote about the directory. They had been bad for some time and were
worsening. I would imagine her own...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
what happened?

Whatever happened to our directory for this year? I've only been
dropping in, and I think I might have missed something. Does anyone know?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Forum: Quilting July 30th 10, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Warning about an online store

think I'll make a big "avoid" list of shops as well, to be placed next
to the computer lest I forget this valuable lesson.

-- Jo in Scotland

We should compile a blackball list of...
Forum: Quilting July 17th 10, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
I finished!

Alice in PA wrote:
They all look great, especially the one with the hot pink. Just out of
curiosity, which ones did they provide the materials for?

Alice, the panels are mine, and they...
Forum: Quilting July 16th 10, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
I finished!

Six baby quilts to donate to Downy Quilts For Kids. Three of their
kits, three of my own making. Finished! It's soooo gooood.

http://tinyurl.com/2fh2rbo

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Forum: Quilting July 9th 10, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Pam headed to hospital

She in PA wrote:
I just saw on facebook where Pam is headed to the hospital. The
neurologist thinks she might have a blood clot. say some prayers for
her.

I saw that, too. Praying...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 10, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
progress and ponderings

I'm making good progress on my Downy quilts. I have 2 of their tops and
2 of mine quilted. Need to quilt the last 1 of each, bind them, and sew
their labels on. I *really* want to start cutting...
Forum: Quilting July 8th 10, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
New quilts

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/552392065WeThrM

What great quilts!