Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 3.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sally Swindells
Forum: Quilting November 8th 10, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Sally Swindells
Deflating batting, anyone?

I don't usually use poly either because I have heard that if you iron it
it goes flat and I always think that other people will iron things even
if you tell them not to! Could you make a little...
Forum: Quilting November 4th 10, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Sally Swindells
Winston has gone to Rainbow Bridge

So sorry, I know just how helpless you feel as my little Kiwi went to
Rainbow Bridge at the beginning of October. It is always so sad when we
lose a QI.

Sally at the Seaside...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 10, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Sally Swindells
OT Cute video

Katy watched it too, though she wasn't sure about the roar at the end!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 02/11/2010 11:38, Leslie & The Furbabies in...
Forum: Quilting November 1st 10, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Sally Swindells
New QI

Sorry Katy - that one is a gift for a friend and already spoken for.

I've just looked at the similar cat beds that are on sale, and they are
enormously expensive. Perhaps I should make her one -...
Forum: Quilting November 1st 10, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Sally Swindells
New QI

This evening Katy started her QI duties. She chose something small to
start with.

The fosterer did say she was a determined little cat! She chose the
tea-cozy I was putting the binding on. She...
Forum: Quilting October 31st 10, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Sally Swindells
New QI

Thanks everyone.

The new inmate is currently being taught (?) that our house is not
covered in scratching posts - that is the big sisal covered thingy she
gets placed on at frequent...
Forum: Quilting October 29th 10, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Sally Swindells
New QI

We lost Hodge to old age at the beginning of 2010 and Kiwi died very
suddenly of Feline Peritonitis at the beginning of October.

Today Katy joined our family. She is a 5 month old rescue cat (she...
Forum: Quilting October 25th 10, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Sally Swindells
Happy Dance

I made a quilt for a friend's grandchild, and included a card with 'the'
poem on it (Its OK if you sit on your quilt'). However, they framed it
(the quilt not the card). Very flattering, but I...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 10, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Sally Swindells
button idea

Thanks - have forwarded this on to DSisIL, the button collector. She is
bound to have a few million that are surplus to her requirements (and
that she can't sell at her next visit to a US button...
Forum: Quilting September 20th 10, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Sally Swindells
Singer sewing machine

Lovely to hear from you again Tina.

I'm sure your ex-MIL would be so pleased that her machine has gone to a
home where it will be loved and appreciated. Here's hoping that the
attachments...
Forum: Quilting September 10th 10, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Sally Swindells
OT Slow cooker (crock pot) recipes

I find that even when I brown it first with flour it still isn't thick
enough for me, in fact its thinner aqt the end than when I started,
which is a bit of a mystery.

I find the quickest and...
Forum: Quilting August 25th 10, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Sally Swindells
Pineapple Blocks

I have just found a Youtube video which was filmed at the Quilt market
in Minneapolis. It shows a demo from Karin Hellaby's latest technique
book, Pineapple Plus. NAYY but she is the owner of my...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 10, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Sally Swindells
Ping: Laurie G. in CA

Here we can put kitchen waste including meat, chicken bones etc. into
our garden rubbish bin and it goes for recycling into compost for the
garden. Our area has a newly constructed plant to deal...
Forum: Quilting August 23rd 10, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Posted By Sally Swindells
Quilting Now?

If you pieced normally but with the right sides of the fabric towards
the back, then turned it over and covered the bare seams with dark
binding/tape/special stained glass tape, thus turning the...
Forum: Quilting August 23rd 10, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Posted By Sally Swindells
Quilting Now?

I have elephants, monkeys, zebras, etc all sitting on a baby quilt
waiting patiently to be quilted. However all machining is on hold at the
moment as I got cellulitis at the end of July and my...
Forum: Quilting July 26th 10, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Sally Swindells
OT- help needed

I've just done this with Google. They had a little sign-in space with my
hotmail addy and space for a password which I couldn't remember. There
was a place to press if you had forgotten your...
Forum: Quilting July 26th 10, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Sally Swindells
mislaid fabric found!

The trouble is when I look up I see floor to ceiling glass windows and a
glass roof as its a Conservatory! (I've a small fan on my table which I
point directly at me when its hot!)I have one piece...
Forum: Quilting July 26th 10, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Sally Swindells
mislaid fabric found!

Why is it that when you do find something you return to the place you
were going to use it in and find it is no longer in your hand and you
have to find it again! Have just done that with a loaf of...
Forum: Quilting July 25th 10, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Sally Swindells
Where are they now?

This is Sharons recipe from way back when, clipped a bit as its a bit
long. It still should be in the archives.... somewhere ... Google seem
to have made then less easy to find recently.

'For the...
Forum: Quilting July 23rd 10, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Sally Swindells
Where are they now?

I've just been making the Chocolate Pavlova I make every year for our
Charity Summer Lunch and it set me wondering about the people who used
to be regular posters, but have now disappeared.

The...
Forum: Quilting July 23rd 10, 09:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Sally Swindells
DSisILs impending visit to MA

So many of the place names around MA and NH are the same as places
around me I could be really thrown and think I had a near neighbour on
the Group! eg Ipswich, Haverhill, Norwich, Newmarket, and...
Forum: Quilting July 22nd 10, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Sally Swindells
DSisILs impending visit to NH

Yes, it was me that had the wrong Manchester - at least I had the right
country!! I was thrown by the recommendations being for MA shops, but of
course as she flies in to New York she will drive...
Forum: Quilting July 22nd 10, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Sally Swindells
DSisILs impending visit to MA

Thank you Rita - much appreciated. I have forwarded on to DSisIL.

The friend she is travelling with is a fellow Button Collector and not a
quilter. I am not sure how many quilt shops she will be...
Forum: Quilting July 22nd 10, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Sally Swindells
DSisILs impending visit to MA

DSisIL who is about to descend on a button convention in Manchester, MA
has contected Lowell quilting museum for quilt shops and they have sent her:

http://www.thequiltedcrow.com/ in Boxboro,...
Forum: Quilting July 18th 10, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Sally Swindells
I am stunned!

I am so thrilled for you Pat, and thank you Megwen for all your hard
work. I am longing to see the photos. Thank you also Jo for starting it
off.

I know it will work its magic and give you Hugs...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500