Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: monique
Forum: Quilting June 30th 10, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By monique
The Seamy and Disturbing Flipside of Our Chocolate...

Can't eat it myself, but this is why, when I buy as gifts for friends, I
like to look for the fair trade chocolate.

Monique in TX

It may not change anything - we're addicted to our chocolate -...
Forum: Quilting May 17th 10, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By monique
Aarrgh! A mistake!

Edna Pearl wrote:

How on earth did I manage to measure just ONE length of 10" beyond the edge
of the table? The sashing strips are several inches too short. I wasn't
interrupted, as...
Forum: Quilting March 4th 10, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By monique
Thick quilting thread advice, please

Sunny wrote:
when I did my niece's crazy quilt, I wanted to put
something on by hand and it was really fat and .... I ended up with a
file and a tapestry needle. I filed that blunt end down to...
Forum: Quilting February 12th 10, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By monique
Happy Dance! Photo of a 2009 finish--what next

What child wouldn't love that cute quilt? You did a marvelous job.
Will the next one be similar? Donna

I have some 1930's style Three Bears fabric (shades of blue)on order, so
I'm thinking...
Forum: Quilting February 9th 10, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By monique
Happy Dance! Photo of a 2009 finish

Last Christmas I presented my nearly-one-year-old grandniece with her
very own quilt. She was thrilled, hugging it immediately.

It has sixteen embroidered blocks. Most of the animals are from a...
Forum: Needlework December 10th 09, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By monique
Does anyone recognize this design?

Does anyone recognize this design? Or even the designer or manufacturer?

http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/tfplab/PICT0289.JPG

My mother stitched it for a cousin. Cousin's friend would like to make...
Forum: Quilting November 20th 09, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By monique
Bella Rosa--done and pictures

joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28328779@N00/4120808318/

I've been saving pink/brown fabric for years, waiting for the right
pattern. And this is the...
Forum: Quilting November 5th 09, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By monique
Attn Bear Doctors

NightMist wrote:
When a bear needs cosmetic surgery what do you use by preference?

If the wear is mostly on the body, perhaps Red Bear can be sewn into a
red baby sleeper or child's footy...
Forum: Quilting September 22nd 09, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By monique
OT Der-Ders and combs

Der-der? You guys are *so* misinformed. EVERYONE knows that the
cardboard tubes from paper towels and such are called tooty-oots!

; -)
Monique in TX
Forum: Quilting August 31st 09, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By monique
Guess what? My quilt won its class!

Sartorresartus wrote:
Not only that, I came second, too. Out of a class of about ten, the
blue-and-white got the First prize and the Hilton of Cadboll got the
Second prize.

Yay, you!
Monique...
Forum: Needlework August 19th 09, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By monique
Marmite again

Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) wrote:
http://www.marmite.co.uk/love/worldwide/north-america.html

The animations on the site are adorable!

Monique in TX
Forum: Quilting August 4th 09, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 91
Posted By monique
OT Diet coke vs vitamins/prescriptions

It may not be the phosphoric acid and/or caffeine in soda that leads to
lower bone density--it might be that drinking soda displaces milk in th...
Forum: Quilting July 27th 09, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By monique
flannel

Some flannel followed me home. I know that
--flannel shrinks a LOT, so I'll be sure to pre-wash
--flannel ravels more than regular cotton, so I'll plan on a wider seam
allowance.

Is 3/8" seam...
Forum: Quilting July 27th 09, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By monique
Houston-Conroe-Spring-Woodlands quilt shops?

Thanks to those who suggested the Hen House. That is a very different
sort of quilt store. Some lovely striped and plaid flannel in muted
colors followed me home. Goes with nothing I currently...
Forum: Quilting July 24th 09, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By monique
Houston-Conroe-Spring-Woodlands quilt shops?

We'll be in the Houston area on Saturday. Anyone got a favorite quilt
shop in the area? I'm more interested in fabric than gizmos, patterns,
or machines...

Thanks,
Monique in TX
Forum: Quilting July 22nd 09, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By monique
OT A FUN new exercise program!

Leslie& The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
So many of us loved the movie 'Mama Mia' that I just *had* to share this!
It's now on HBO. I watch it every time I can and, also, have it
recorded on my...
Forum: Quilting June 26th 09, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By monique
Ricky Tims Stiff Stuff question

Has anyone used this? It sounds as if it would be perfect for lining
pale applique pieces destined for a black background, but I'd like to
hear of people's experiences with it. Supposedly it...
Forum: Quilting June 24th 09, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By monique
OT Some fun with angles, etc.

4.42 The years of drafting really paid off, I suppose.

Monique in TX
Forum: Quilting June 18th 09, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By monique
Cool Fabric Concept!

My problem with the jelly rolls is that I'm a pre-washer. If you try to
pre-wash jellyroll strips, even by hand, you can get enough fraying to
make them unsuitable for something that needs the...
Forum: Needlework June 5th 09, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By monique
Any Polish speakers here? Need Polish verse to stitch

Does anyone know how how to say "My heart is in Poland" in Polish? I'd
like it for a piece I'm stitching.

Thanks,
Monique in tX
Forum: Quilting May 26th 09, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By monique
diamonds

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
Okay. So. The nine-patches might be finished tomorrow. Then I have
two batches of diamond patches, each made up of nine diamonds.

If the diamonds are in...
Forum: Quilting May 13th 09, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By monique
Recommendations for Quilting Books

Nann wrote:

I'm writing to ask for your recommendations for quilting books to add
to the collection.
* I'm seeking quilt books published in the last two years
(2007/2008/2009)

I can...
Forum: Quilting April 27th 09, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By monique
Great news

Butterflywings wrote:
Mr Joe, of the Leukemia disposition, has been pronounced

in COMPLETE REMISSION

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monique in TX
Forum: Needlework April 22nd 09, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By monique
Talk about Stupid

lucille wrote:
Has anyone else done something as dopey as what I just did?
The stupid part was when I went to sew the button into the center to
give it shape, I found it hard to pull the...
Forum: Needlework April 20th 09, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By monique
Online needlework show

Improved jumper