Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 2.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dawn in Alberta
Forum: Quilting February 14th 08, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Laundering Minkee

Hi Leslie,
The only thing that I know is that fabric softener coats the fibers
trapping more air into the minkee/polar fleece therein making it more apt to
burn if exposed to flame of any kind....
Forum: Quilting January 29th 08, 10:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 171
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Time for another Roll Call?

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
As Cornwoman wrote 'Now I want to
know more about each of you! Please...
Forum: Quilting January 2nd 08, 11:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 48
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Directory form is now open!

Thanks Connie but things are actually good here for a change, its just that
I work the grave yard shift and sleep during the day, well I am supposed to
that is. I am finding that I cant live on 4...
Forum: Quilting January 2nd 08, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 48
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Directory form is now open!

Thank you Alice and Karen for doing this for us, I know that I don't post
all that much, but I do read everyday, and I appreciate all that everyone
does. If this is not making sense I am sorry, I...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 07, 10:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
rag doll pattern

There might be one that your looking for here
http://dollmakersjourney.com/freepatterns.html
have fun
Dawn In Alberta
When life gets you down get up and Mambo

"Boca Jan" wrote...
Forum: Quilting September 14th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
OT Savage Chickens

Priceless, Love it

Dawn In Alberta
When Life Gets you Down Get up and Mambo
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 07, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
NOT OT - Chocolate Heaven

Many thanks, I guess I should drag out the ole scale that I bought when I
got the decedent book of Death By Chocolate, and yes it does have the recipe
for the same said cake. The recipes in the...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
NOT OT - Chocolate Heaven

With reading this recipe for some reason the song I'm in heaven started
dancing through the brain cells, now I just have to convert the grams into
cups then I will be in chocolate heaven. As for...
Forum: Quilting August 23rd 07, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Off and On Topic-How did I get into this

"Sandy" wrote in message
Did you say the dreaded "yes"? ;)

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the...
Replies: 7
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Off and On Topic-How did I get into this

True they are fun for me at least, well the dolls that is, so that is no big
thing for me. If the lady does go with the one dragon that I make it would
only take three days max to make. And that is...
Forum: Quilting August 23rd 07, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Off and On Topic-How did I get into this

The off topic part is that today I had my stairs done, carpeting is now gone
and lament wood flooring is down. It looks great it should also help with
the allergies, but not much since I am also...
Forum: Quilting August 8th 07, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
OT Breast Cancer Rant

Its is very hard to imagine that this would happen, my mom who five years
ago had a lumpectomy stayed over night in the hospital, but mind you it was
to have only been a day surgery thing as well....
Forum: Quilting July 16th 07, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Test .... Test

Did I pass the test?, if not I tell you I didn't know about and there fore I
didn't study for it.
In other words I do see you, but then I have been known to see things that
aren't really there...
Forum: Quilting July 15th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
I am curious now...

The lovely machines that I happen to be owned by the first one used to/still
does belong to my mom, a 1966 greenish Singer 331 with the knee control,
which I learned to first sew with. Then I ended...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Info for Canadians!

Thanks for the Info , now I just have to wait for my next PD cause my one
and only Ott Lite( the hinge type) is just about to give up the ghost, the
hinge isn't doing what it is supposed to do....
Forum: Quilting June 24th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Dylon Cold Dye?

I have used the Dylon Cold Dye, you do and I mean do need the fix that works
with the dylon dye. With out the fix, sure your fabric will be colored only
up until you start to rinse the fabric....
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
OT Fluff

Giggle giggle, thanks that was very cute and funny. what a fantastic thing
to come home to after a hard nights work. Thanks again

Dawn In Alberta
When life gets you down ,, Get up and...
Forum: Quilting May 28th 07, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Great Site

It is a great site, but then I am a tad biased towards it as I used to work
for that company and at times help update the site as well. If you look
through the site, you will see quilts made by...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
RCTQ Directory

Being in the H's myself I want to thank you Alice and all the others who
dealt with the beloved directory. I know that I haven't posted much in the
last year, but I do read every day.
It was a nice...
Forum: Quilting April 10th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
canadian trip?

For the quilting stores in Calgary, the ones that I love to hit happen to be
Freckles, which is in the north west part of the city, then there is the
Fabric cottage, also in the North west part of...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 06, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
OT Thank you Ms, Anony Mouse

The Anony Mouse birthday squisher has hit. And oh what a nice soft hit it
was. Granted right now the squishy is very tear stained, due to the fact
that right now, I am scared when people are nice to...
Forum: Quilting October 3rd 06, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 61
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
First Paper Piece Block

Mika, the block is beautiful ,, the colors are fantastic, and heck for being
your first one , really not bad. The reason I say that is because for some
paper piecing is a grand mystery, for some (...
Forum: Quilting September 30th 06, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
Birthday Squished!

Happy Birthday Linda Its great to have a Sept Birthday isn't it?

( Going to go eat my Bday cake now )
Dawn In Alberta
--
When life gets you down , Get up and Mambo
John Candy

Ok, I know that I don't post much any more but I do read every day, well
most every day. This has been a very hard week for me, mainly work related.
Any ways today I kicked myself in the behind and...
Forum: Quilting August 29th 06, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 104
Posted By Dawn in Alberta
OT proposed discussion: How did you learn to be a "woman" rather than a "girl"?

Ok I know I haven't posted much in along while but reading this topic made
me realize that I am not the only one out there on this not so big blue
marble any more.
I am in my soon to be late 30's...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26