Showing results 1 to 25 of 75
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Donna in Idaho
Forum: Quilting March 6th 07, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Donna in Idaho
layout advice

I would mix'em up - darks all mixed in with the lights and mediums.
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

"KJ" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting March 6th 07, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Donna in Idaho
Piggie Update and on topic question (Chicago area)

I can't speak for all Project Linus chapters, but either me or one of my
volunteers have picked up fabric from people's homes several times when the
person donating was unable to deliver to one of...
Forum: Quilting March 6th 07, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Donna in Idaho
OT- Happy Dance

Wonderful, wonderful news!
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

"Flossy" wrote in message
Forum: Quilting March 5th 07, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Donna in Idaho
OT Alaska cruise

We took the train trip in Skagway and loved it. I took lots of pictures -
shooting out the window. They all turned out good. We were there in late
August & it was pretty cool. I enjoyed the...
Forum: Quilting March 1st 07, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Donna in Idaho
New quilt project

Makes sense! If they're going to fight over the colors - make'em all the
same color - just find a really simple pattern.
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

I had, of course...
Forum: Quilting March 1st 07, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Donna in Idaho
New quilt project

I would make identical patterns, but different colors. Wouldn't get nearly
as boring and would be more individual to each recipient.
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

"John"...
Forum: Quilting March 1st 07, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Donna in Idaho
Kids Making Hugs

We've had reports that good ol' crayons fade fairly quickly. That's how we
started out doing the fabric squares for Project Linus quilts.
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot...
Forum: Quilting March 1st 07, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Donna in Idaho
Kids Making Hugs

We've had better luck with Crayola Fabric Markers. We just had a Project
Linus event on Monday - the particpants colored approximately 150 fabric
squares in a couple hours. The colors are bright...
Forum: Quilting March 1st 07, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Donna in Idaho
Dimensional Bow Tie

They are fun blocks to make. I haven't used them in a quilt, but I used
them on the pockets and to 'decorate' the sleeves of a denim jacket a few
years ago. Looked pretty good, if I do say so...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 07, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Donna in Idaho
Absolutely OT and only the Aussies will understand it all

Here on the farm in Idaho, if it can't be fixed with baling twine or duck
tape, it's not worth fixing. That's the first items my DH packs anytime
we're going anyplace!

Donna in Idaho

If it...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 07, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 137
Posted By Donna in Idaho
OT: The Congenitally Grammar-Picky (was OT Grammar Book New Log Cabin Quilt)

My biggest pet peeve in this category is "your" when the writer really means
"you're." It's everywhere!
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

It's just awful! My current pet...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Donna in Idaho
To Grannie Annie

So, you think it's fretting to want to make a NASCAR blanket for a child
that has a condition wherein he/she has to be admitted to the hospital
pretty frequently?

--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to...

Hey Polly, I've already bought some of the wavy racing black and white
checks. Some of it just about makes your eyes cross. We've used it in
several Linus blankets.

I love Marshall Dry Goods -...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 07, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Donna in Idaho
NASCAR fabric

Several Linus coordinators have suggested that we get a Kasey Kahne tshirt
and make a tshirt quilt. I don't see why that wouldn't work, especially if
we used generic NASCAR fabric along witht the...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 07, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Donna in Idaho
NASCAR fabric

Guess it would help if I could spell my own organization - it really is
Project Linus (not Linius)!

--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

"Donna in Idaho"...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 07, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Donna in Idaho
NASCAR fabric

Specifically Kasey Kahne. Has anyone seen either Kasey Kahne fabric or
fleece? Our Project Linius chapter has received a request from one of our
hospitals for a Kasey Kahne blanket for a patient...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 137
Posted By Donna in Idaho
New Log Cabin Quilt

Beautiful quilt!
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

"John" wrote in message
Well, I...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Donna in Idaho
Advice needed on Schmetz machine needles

Here's lots of info about sewing machine needles -
http://www.webofthread.com/Needles.pdf
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."...
Forum: Quilting February 17th 07, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Donna in Idaho
How wide of a cut

I always wrap the binding snugly around the edge of the quilt. No way for
it to be flat when I do it that way.
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

"Tracey"...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 07, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Donna in Idaho
need suggestions

Thank you, m'am! I have more fleece ideas, just wasn't smart enough to have
my camera on hand to take pictures of some wonderful fleece blankets a
couple months ago. Every year around...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 07, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Donna in Idaho
need suggestions

I didn't answer your question about rolled hem when I answered your private
email. I don't think a rolled hem would work at all on polar fleece. You
would have way too much thickness.
--
Donna...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 07, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

If you want quite a few different ideas for finishing fleece - check out my
Project Linus chapter website -
http://www.linusidaho.org/finishafleeceblanket.htm
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553...

Replying to my own message - I should mention that I bought the Bejeweler
and Crystals at the Puyallup Sewing Expo. I have never ordered directly
from Creative-Crystals.
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply...
Replies: 25
Posted By Donna in Idaho
OT Kinda - hot fix crystals / applicators

More than 10 years ago, probably closer to 15 years ago, I bought the
Bejeweler and Creative Crystals iron-on crystals. I've put the crystals on
sweat shirts that have been washed many, many...
Forum: Quilting February 7th 07, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 47
Posted By Donna in Idaho
Boat motor / stick mixer

Wish I had a son of any age that would buy all the groceries and do most of
the cooking! What a deal! My oldest soon loves to cook, but he lives 2000
miles away from me!
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply...