Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Carolyn McCarty
Forum: Quilting January 6th 09, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
Directory time is upon up once again!

Well, many thanks to you and Karen for doing such a great job with such a
huge volume of members! I look forward to the new directory!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not...
Forum: Quilting January 5th 09, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
attention DiMa and Jill

Continued prayers and healing thoughts on the way. And a few gentle hugs
for Di and her family.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke,...
Forum: Quilting January 5th 09, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
Quilt Kit -- Is That Cheating?

Thanks all for your stories. They give me hope! DS is 40 and still
unmarried, his last two serious relationships went to heck and I think he is
in the twice burned, forever shy mode. My fondest...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 09, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
attention DiMa and Jill

How are Winston and Jack coming along? How about a short update?

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. --Carolyn...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 09, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
quilter's dream dream puff batting question

Good luck on that, Claudia! I have never tried the "Quilt as you go" method
but have purchased Sandra Millett's book as I intend to try it in the
future. I bet you could borrow a copy from the...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 09, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
Directory time is upon up once again!

Thank you, Alice. It's wonderful of you to tackle this tough job again!
You've no idea how much we appreciate your efforts.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. ...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 09, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
Color coordinating tool

Thank you! I am drawn to bright colors, and this will give me ideas for
toning down the overall brightness of a quilt. After all, I want to people
to look at my quilts and say, "Wow!" not, "Where...
Forum: Quilting January 3rd 09, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
new-to-me Featherweight!

Congratulations, Mary! I hope you get as much use and pleasure out of your
FW as I do out of mine.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green
If it ain't...
Forum: Quilting January 3rd 09, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
Happy and prosperous New Year to All!

Sorry about the frozen pay, having that experience myself since October.
But warm, dry and fed adds up to happy. If there is time for quilting, it
all adds up to joy and bliss!

--
Carolyn in The...
Forum: Quilting January 2nd 09, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Those are wonderful quilts, Alice! They are like photo albums, with
memories of your FIL in every block. Your husband and his siblings are so
lucky to have you in the family!

I love the...
Forum: Quilting January 1st 09, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
Happy and prosperous New Year to All!

I do sincerely hope that you all experience a happy 2009!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If...
Forum: Quilting January 1st 09, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
Winston is Home and lookming great

Continued healing thoughts and prayers on the way!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first...
Forum: Quilting December 31st 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
Help with quilt

Being not-very-experienced myself, can't help you except with good thoughts!

But I am marking this thread, as I know I will learn a lot from the replies
you get!

Happy New Year, Joanna and all the...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 08, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
Winston has had his surgery.

Good news! Will continue to send good healing thoughts, and keep you folks
in my prayers. All our QIs, whether greyhounds or Siamese cats, give an
added dimension to our lives. As, I hope, we do...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 08, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
OT--uuuum, just my moan, dont need to read or reply

Good grief! I love reading your posts, Jeanne, but hate knowing that you
are in pain and I can't do anything about it. Therefore, I send strong
healing thoughts across the waters, and hope you...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 08, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
OT Am I in trouble?

I can't help with professional advice, but will think good thoughts at your
computer, Polly!

Your subject line made me laugh. Honestly, Polly, when have you ever been
out of trouble? You are my...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 08, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
OT He's home!

Such good news! Thank you for the update, and keep us posted, please!
Sending gentle hugs to both your sis and Sam!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 08, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
OT Update on my sister (long)

Will do, Judie. She has not been out of my thoughts and prayers since your
first post on the subject. Thanks for the update, and tell her to hang in
there! We're all rooting for her!

--...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 08, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
Studio water clean-up very easy because of re-do

Thanks for the upbeat update, Susan! I'm glad to hear that you are coping
so well with the problems. And thanks for seconding my opinion about the
epoxy floor paint for lower levels! I loved...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 08, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
OT - some healing thoughts and prayers for my QI

I'll continue to keep Winston in my thoughts and prayers! Healing thoughts
and a few gentle hugs on the way!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green
If it...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
QI could use some ood thoughts & prayers(long)

Sending healing thoughts to Jack, and I will keep him in my prayers.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. --Carolyn...
Forum: Quilting December 29th 08, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
label printing?

I have used both an HP and an Epson printer, and buy generic ink when I can
find it.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't...
Forum: Quilting December 28th 08, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
label printing?

No fading so far. Some of the labels are 10 years old and since they are on
kid quilts, they have seen plenty of use and laundering.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not...
Forum: Quilting December 28th 08, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
How do you do labels?

Irene, those are beautiful! If I could afford an embroidery machine, your
labels alone would convince me it is worth every penny.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not...
Forum: Quilting December 28th 08, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Carolyn McCarty
water in studio again

Susan, I am so sorry that this happened to you again! Your schedule must be
a disaster! Wish I could send you some dry air from Tucson to empty your
basement and back yard quickly.

My...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500