Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lauri Levanto
Forum: Glass December 19th 09, 06:17 PM Posted to sci.polymers,sci.materials,rec.crafts.glass,sci.physics
Replies: 10
Posted By Lauri Levanto
laminated glass tubes

Uncle Al wrote:

The cute part is seeing critical point opalescence for CO2, N2O, SF6,
CF3Br, propane, CCl2F2, CH2F2, ethylene, C2F6, etc. Gotta have a
through-sight path.

What aren the...
Forum: Glass August 6th 09, 06:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Iridescent glass

No Body wrote:
"charlie" wrote in message
"No Body" wrote in message
Forum: Glass August 5th 09, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Iridescent glass

No Body wrote:
Does anyone know how the iridescent coating on stained glass is
made, and what the stuff is made of? I'm wondering how to remove
select areas on a piece.

I do not...
Forum: Glass June 11th 09, 09:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 5
Posted By Lauri Levanto
forming a large diameter tube

nJb wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 00:09:38 -0700 (PDT), Permafacture
wrote:

I was thinking about how to slump a large diameter tube from a flat
plane of glass. I...
Forum: Glass March 31st 09, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 9
Posted By Lauri Levanto
slumping glass: how to???

Larry wrote:
I am wanting to slump glass. I would like to know where I can learn
all of the processes whether it be a school, a book, the web ????
thank you in advance for any info.

Forum: Glass February 25th 09, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 3
Posted By Lauri Levanto
crazy wildass idea

Tom wrote:
Anybody ever melt a glass object down into a puddle, let it cool, and
work with the resultant sheet of glass? I found something....

You may search
warmglass.com archives with the...
Forum: Glass February 5th 09, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Polishing pads - name, mfgr...?

Kris Krieger wrote:
Hello,

I had seen some polishing pads, useful for buffing the edges of fused glass &
so on. The oduct is like a sponge, as the diamond-embedde dpolishing pad on
one...
Forum: Glass August 18th 08, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 13
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Glass grinders--thanks to all.

Bill Browne wrote:

Lauri brought up fire polishing. I'm wondering how much fire are we talking
about. I'm guessing more than my propane torch can supply.

Anyway, thanks again.

Forum: Glass August 16th 08, 07:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 13
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Glass grinders.

Bill Browne wrote:
I work in etched glass, not stained. But I like to work with odd shapes, so
I've considered a glass grinder, and I have a few questions.

I'm curious as to how badly the...
Forum: Glass May 17th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 3
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Etching a complex design

Steve Ackman wrote:
[...}

I did some etching using rubber cement as a resist
some years back. I don't recall the exact step-by-step
but the reason I went to rubber cement was for better
Forum: Glass May 5th 08, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 1
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Line drawings

nJb wrote:
Here's a good place to start:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=barn+line+drawings&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Jack

And here is one of mine made in glass
Forum: Glass March 25th 08, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 13
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Where to buy clear colored glass?

DeanB wrote:
On Mar 25, 1:24 am, nJb wrote:
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:52:42 -0400, " Moonraker"

wrote:
Forum: Glass February 10th 08, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 8
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Cutting rough glass

M wrote:
I have a good few lumps of old broken glass some up to about 3" thick and
would like to cut thin sections out but not sure if or how it can be done.
If it can would it be expensive...
Forum: Glass February 1st 08, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 2
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Kiln Building

Ricksons wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new to the group and hope I can get some advice/information about
building an electric kiln for fusing and slumping glass. I have Olsen's
book on kiln...
Forum: Glass January 5th 08, 08:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 4
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Hello I Must Be Going

JKGlassman wrote:

I leave you with those words uttered by Groucho Marx, who also said
"I wouldn't want to join any club that would have someone like me as a
member". So unless the sky...
Forum: Glass December 15th 07, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By Lauri Levanto
art or craft

wrote:
Grin, most of my own designs fall into the later designation
Steve. Not craft, not art, but crap. Hell, I couldn't draw flies if I
was covered in...
Forum: Glass November 24th 07, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By Lauri Levanto
My heart is sad, for those that care

Form far away, I liked Michael'spostings.
I moss him, too.
-lauri
Forum: Glass November 12th 07, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 14
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Tapping

Chemo the Clown wrote:
On Nov 12, 10:49 am, Lauri Levanto wrote:
michele wrote:
some deep curves and especially s curves just won't break out w/any other
Forum: Glass November 12th 07, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 14
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Tapping

michele wrote:
some deep curves and especially s curves just won't break out w/any other
method(that i have used). I usually start the break with runners on each
end, then tap from where it...
Forum: Glass November 9th 07, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 14
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Tapping

Michael wrote:
Back when glass was new
5000 years ago?
I did a few stained glass windows. I used one
of those generic green glass cutters with the ball on the end to tap
the glass from...
Forum: Glass November 3rd 07, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Microwave Kilns

David Coggins wrote:
"nJb" wrote in message
Seems they were around some years back. Anybody know anything about them?

Jack

Forum: Glass October 31st 07, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Grinder Problems

glassman wrote:
"Michael" wrote in message
JK wrote:

I know this will kill your sensibilities, but in the...
Forum: Glass October 25th 07, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 2
Posted By Lauri Levanto
3d design software for tiffany lamps

Michael wrote:
Bart wrote:

Anyone here that uses computer software for designing tiffany lamps in
3D perspective?

******************
No software that I know of. You could improvise...
Forum: Glass September 29th 07, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 19
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Custom Prices

Moonraker wrote:
wrote in message
Almost half the panels we do now are fused instead of stained glass.
Forum: Glass September 26th 07, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 19
Posted By Lauri Levanto
Glass from hell

Moonraker wrote:
"Michael" wrote in message
Javahut wrote:

I have found with a great many people, their...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55