Showing results 1 to 25 of 111
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TwinMom
Forum: Quilting September 8th 09, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By TwinMom
Ginger Rogers and me!

Oh, I have this book and just love it! So happy to hear that it is
successful for you. I haven't dipped my toe in yet, but I like her style!
You give me hope!

Lorraine in La Center
Forum: Quilting August 6th 09, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 47
Posted By TwinMom
Survey time.... please add yours to the list...

OK, I'll play! But this is sewing only right, because my appliqué tools list
would be quite different!

1) Silk pins (yellow & green transparent heads - SUPER thin!!)
2) Porcupine Quill stiletto
3)...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 09, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By TwinMom
FANTASTIC NEWS!

Absolutely Wonderful news!!! Thank you so much for bringing good news!!
Forum: Quilting May 26th 09, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By TwinMom
OT Updates please?

Well, I've been pretty quiet as well. I don't know if anyone cares for an
update, but I'll provide a quickie. Some of the stuff going on here just
seems better kept underground, but maybe others...
Forum: Quilting May 12th 09, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By TwinMom
PRAYER REQUEST

They are all in my thoughts for a good outcome!

Lorraine in La Center
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 09, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By TwinMom
Help! Computer guru required

I agree with Jeri!! I have a "junk" email address thru Mail.com. I've had it
for years. It is what I use for all unknown websites, lists, etc. I only
check that junk mail box about every 3-4 weeks...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 09, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By TwinMom
Have Ya'll seen this! Julie Andrews fans especially

Ok, this is yet another of those REALLY COOL videos, sent from my godfather.
Very clean, very cool, a definite must see. It will give you great smiles
and serious...
Forum: Quilting April 29th 09, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 109
Posted By TwinMom
Time for another Roll Call?

Ok, since Ms. Polly insisted ;-), I'll jump in as well.

I've been rather quite of late, pretty much lurking, but I've been a member
going on probably 8+ years now (thinking around 10, but the mind...
Forum: Quilting April 9th 09, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By TwinMom
Measuring for Borders

I do almost exactly the same, with a few minor exceptions. First of all, I
work from 1/2 the quilt from a table (old back here). However, before that,
I check for the middle compared to the sides...
Forum: Quilting April 9th 09, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By TwinMom
Those lovely points

All excellent points! Ha Ha, get the pun?? May I add another?

When sewing points, whenever possible, try to put the seam of the point
under the sewing machine needle first. Imagine sewing a HST to...
Forum: Quilting January 28th 09, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By TwinMom
Help finding fabric?

Don't forget about the Missing Fabrics website (www.missingfabrics.com). If
you send them a .jpg of your fabric (try to capture it from the .pdf), they
will post a free listing for you. Maybe...
Forum: Quilting January 28th 09, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By TwinMom
A little bragging (very little!)

Ok, so I've been pattern testing and making samples for Connecting Threads
here in Vancouver WA for a little while now. I've seen a few of my
"creations" in the catalogs, but now I have a web...
Forum: Quilting January 13th 09, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By TwinMom
the results

Keeping in the uppermost part of my good thoughts and wishes. Please do let
us all know how you are doing!

Lorraine in La Center
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 08, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By TwinMom
guess who's expecting twins? OT

Congrats G-Ma!! My "A & B" are now almost 13! I just can't believe it - time
goes so fast when you're exhausted! LOL! Please feel free to let DIL know
that I can be contacted for twins related...
Forum: Quilting November 26th 08, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
Posted By TwinMom
My DH has passed away this morning

Hugs from across the Columbia in WA

Lorraine in La Center
Forum: Quilting August 27th 08, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By TwinMom
stupid frrezer paper question

(I'll try this again from the other day, since my messages seem to go
off into the ether. :-()

I cover this in all my classes. YES - FP shrinks! It all shrinks, even
just
a little, and more in one...
Forum: Quilting June 6th 08, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By TwinMom
Show me yours

We are of like minds on that one Polly dear! I've long loved Nancy
Crow's designs and ever since I found Crush, it is my first favorite.
Was doing some stash stuffing and found another fabric that I...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By TwinMom
copywrite

If I remember correctly, US copyright surpasses the artists death by
75 years (or something like that). I could be wrong, but I believe the
existing copyright on the Jane Stickle designs had expired...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 08, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By TwinMom
The invisible quilter returns LOL!!!

Ok, it's all your fault. Yet another book coming to my collection.
LOL I thought that I had "all" the technique books I would ever need.
This is one niche that I missed. Looking forward to getting...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 08, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By TwinMom
copywrite

I know, kinda scary huh! Probably someone somewhere wants to make some
money off of either copyright registrations, or simply by stealing
other peoples soon to be "unprotected" design works. AFAIK,...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 08, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By TwinMom
The invisible quilter returns LOL!!!

Ok, you all have made eBay a little happy. I found both the Clever
Quilts AND the Clever Quilt Encore on eBay for a fairly reasonable
price. Should have them in a week or so. I'll post some pics when...
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 08, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By TwinMom
Batting source

Also, at Spring market a few weeks ago, The Warm & Natural company had
a newer batting out that is the same 80/20 blend. I think it was
called Warm & Soft and it had a Very Nice hand! Don't know how...
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 08, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By TwinMom
The invisible quilter returns LOL!!!

Ooooooh, offset to one side, leaving room for nice block work.
Excellent idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just the kind of thing I was looking
for! Thanks so much!

~L
Forum: Marketplace March 25th 08, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By TwinMom
FS: Maggie Walker - My Cat's Garden - Complete Kit - NIP

I have an acquaintance, without internet access, who is looking to sell her
unused, new in the package, My Cat's Garden kit. The kit includes all of the
patterns and block fabrics, everything...
Forum: Quilting March 23rd 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By TwinMom
Sharon Schamber

Wanda, I showed the video to my handy husband and he thinks we could get
pretty much the same results by using the outside of one of those little $2
plastic embroidery hoops and getting a tacky...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 111