Showing results 1 to 25 of 122
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anne Rogers[_2_]
Forum: Quilting June 14th 07, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
OT hemming trousers

Whose mother has a 23" inseam, sister has a 22" inseam and 6' hubbie has a
29" inseam.

Thank you so much for that, it looks a bit scary. I've got an inseam similar
to you 6' hubbie, hence...
Forum: Quilting June 14th 07, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
OT hemming trousers

Well, gee, it's completely obvious to me..... buy taller heeled shoes!
It'll make your butt look good and save the hemming hassle and shopping
for shoes is *such* a joy! (NOT for *me* says...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 07, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
OT hemming trousers

I picked up some gorgeous trousers today at the Macy's one day sale, smart
black ones, an absolute perfect fit at waist and hips (unusual for me!), but
several inches too long, but with an original...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 07, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Saving up my questions

Are there any tricks to drawing and cutting templates? I am trying to
cut diamonds, the five-to-a-circle kind and the ten-to-a-circle kind
(72 degrees and 36 degrees). I have tried cutting...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 07, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
My first watercolor "Completed"

wow, that is great! I love the "picture" and the way that the fabrics match
not only with colour, but with subject as well.

Anne
Forum: Quilting June 10th 07, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
PP from the front

I always thought one of the points of paper piecing was the accuracy you got
by sewing on the line rather than having to do 1/4 of an inch, reading this
through, it looks similar in complexity to...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 07, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
I'm back - OT & On (a little long)

Sheesh! How can you be 6 months along and not notice?!

you'd be surprised, our 2nd baby was planned, we conceived at the first
attempt, I still failed to notice I was pregnant until almost 8...
Forum: Quilting May 27th 07, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
OT need reading material- help!

Val McDermid

seconded, one group of books is a series with a female detective, set in
Manchester, UK, I don't know how different it would be reading them if you
don't know Manchester. I would...
Forum: Quilting May 27th 07, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
OT need reading material- help!

I just finished reading Angels&Demons by Dan Brown and loved it! Now I
wish
I had read The DaVinci Code before seeing the movie.

I was going to suggest that, there is also "Deception Point"...
Forum: Quilting May 26th 07, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Quilt show award question..........

Am I keeping on track here or have I totally lost everyone?
If I haven't lost you and you understand what I am getting at do you
think it is not right to give and HM to an already award...
Forum: Quilting May 24th 07, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Paper piecing question

uhh, i could well be wrong but if you stop and start exactly on the
intersections,
are you not likely to have 'holes' later, specially if/when you tug the
diagonal to remove paper.

I think...
Forum: Quilting May 24th 07, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Does anyone have this book please?

I don't, but I've seen the person doing it on the TV. I've also got a very
similar book based on italian mosaics. Is the question very specific to the
book? or just the techniques or fabrics used...
Forum: Quilting May 24th 07, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Quilt show award question..........

I am thinking of emailing the show co-ordinators to voice my
displeasure but I don't want to rock the boat and jepoardize my
acceptance in future shows or seem like I am all bent out of shape
Forum: Quilting May 21st 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
need a hand project

Oh, those you buy!

http://paperpieces.com/

I got 50 1 1/2" hexagons to fit the keepsake pre-cut fabric for $3.50.
The paper is nice and heavy so I can re-use it many times.

exactly the...
Forum: Quilting May 21st 07, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Stamps

thinking that the news would change? One gal had 250 wedding
invitations ready to mail. Had she not read a newspaper or listened to
a news report during the last month? This postal increase...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 07, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Stamps

I'm confused and I've even had coffee this morning. Isn't postage is 41
cents now?

in the UK, they've wiped out this problem of old stamps not being the new
value when the postage goes up,...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 07, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
quilting math help

Without seams the 2.5" and 1.5" strips are proportionally
5/5 and 3/5 - not 2/3. So your friends smaller strips
would have to be cut to 3/5 of 1.5" plus seams. That's
about 0.9" plus...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 07, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
quilting math help

Here's what I was thinking.....remove the seam allowances and you have
2.5" and 1.5". The smaller strip is 2/3 the size of the larger.

finished, the smaller is 3/5 of the larger...which isn't...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 07, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 48
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Let's discuss pressing seams.... again!

I think the 'rule' about not pressing seams open started back in the days
of hand piecing. Most of us machine piece now. I can see no difference
between pressing seams open on clothing (which...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 07, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 48
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Let's discuss pressing seams.... again!

I think the best argument for pressing seams to one side or another is
for batting to stay in and not start bearding. But on the other hand,
battings today are scrimmed and what not... but... I...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 07, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 48
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Let's discuss pressing seams.... again!

I'm going to go sit on the Renegade Bench with Marcella. The quilt I'm
piecing now needs 81 squares. That's about 60 more than I usually can
persuade me to do. I've discovered that seams...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 07, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 48
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Let's discuss pressing seams.... again!

Do you think pressing the seams open would delay the development of
the white line or is this just a live with it kinda thing?

I suspect it would, but I always took the pressing of seams to be...
Forum: Quilting May 19th 07, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
round table runner?

I have seen a gazillion patterns for rectangle table runners, but never a
round one for a round or octagon table. Anyone make one? Patterns anyone?

they wouldn't be a runner, but a topper or...
Forum: Quilting May 19th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
need a hand project

I was watching a lady sew itty, bitty hexagons (english paper pieced)
and she simply cut squares and loped off the corners "good enough" since
she was basting around paper anyway. Seemed smart...
Forum: Quilting May 18th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13

Don't take my word for what I'm reading through!! I just thought that
because our Internet comes that way ... ... I am an absolute dunce at
this IT lark - can't seem to get a grip at all!
Showing results 1 to 25 of 122