Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Forum: Glass August 30th 06, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Inland Cement....

I would try the muratic as a last and dying resort. Maybe score and
breakout all the peices and then take utility knife or exacto knife and
cut out the putty. Good luck man.

RT

Moonraker wrote:
Forum: Glass August 10th 06, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
"Blowing glass with high style"

wrote:
Blowing glass with high style
http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20060809-103613-9822r.htm

Same old same old...mugs and bowls.
Forum: Glass August 10th 06, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Who is your favourite glass-craft guru?

diddlywhoot wrote:
hotglass is more about inovation then doing the same old same old,

Oh I dunno...I've seen plenty of the same old same old hot glass stuff.
There's so much of it out there now...
Forum: Glass August 9th 06, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Firing Paint Questions REPORT

glassman wrote:
Report on firing black Dekka paint on yellow GNA. Fired to 1200. As it
approached 1100 or so I peeked and the black started to disappear. Now all
that's left is faint white...
Forum: Glass August 9th 06, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Who is your favourite glass-craft guru?

The Honorable Guru Moonraker...who else!

Tony Burch wrote:
Hi all,

I was just pondering the idea of "gurus" & I thought the following questions
may hopefully make some interesting &...
Forum: Glass August 9th 06, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Boycott Gettysburg

Tom wrote:
Link to Gettysburg photos showing the Gettysburg battlefield before
superintendent John Latschar's ego ran amok and ruined it.
http://users.snip.net/~hart/

Life is hard. I have my...
Forum: Glass August 9th 06, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Fusing fusing fusing

Kalera wrote:
Today I finally moved all the random crap that's been clotting up my
studio space, hauled my fusing kiln out of the basement, and am in the
middle of the first fusing project I've...
Forum: Glass August 8th 06, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
HOT HOTTER HOTTEST

glassman wrote:
"Kalera" wrote in message
glassman wrote:
Can't believe it but it's hotter here in NY...
Forum: Glass August 5th 06, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
HOT HOTTER HOTTEST

Glassman@work wrote:
"FlameNwind" wrote in message
Pictures puleeeeeze!

Okay, I got my next-door neighbor to...
Forum: Glass August 4th 06, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
HOT HOTTER HOTTEST

Hold on a sec...I have some old 8mm movie film somewhere...

FlameNwind wrote:
ROFLMAO!!! Michelle, don't you hate it when those guys sneak a camera into
the competition???

Wonder how much...
Forum: Glass August 4th 06, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
HOT HOTTER HOTTEST

I thought they worked for Dennis. Or at least did something for
him...or to him. (shrug)

Moonraker wrote:
"The Shadow" wrote in message
Forum: Glass August 3rd 06, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
HOT HOTTER HOTTEST

Moonraker wrote:
"FlameNwind" wrote in message
Dear boy, my mind must at all times remain in the gutter so that my body
Forum: Glass July 29th 06, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Lexan capping

Moonraker wrote:
Those are comparable prices to what I have locally.
Going into a church in the 'hood, so bullet proof might be a "good"
thing,
eh?

Don't fergit dat bullit proof vest...some of dem...
Forum: Glass July 28th 06, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 43
Posted By [email protected]
material for making patterns

Here's two other options that our esteemed Mr. Brady also has on his
website. Why he failed to mention them is unknown but I'm sure our
speculators will come up with...
Forum: Glass July 16th 06, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 51
Posted By [email protected]
glass sales off 20% overall

Kalera wrote:

That's fishy in itself, but I also just don't understand it when I can
buy finished goods for less than the cost of materials. One example is
seeing lampwork beads at shows,...
Forum: Glass July 12th 06, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
newbie grinder question

David Billington wrote:

Do the bits stick due to the shaft rusting?. I was wondering because I
have a Kristall 2000S grinder and the problem has never arisen, I
presume the motor shaft is stainless...
Forum: Glass July 9th 06, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
and something else now.....( 'splain to me about 'band saws')

Hey wait a dern minute...it was just a few months ago that you telling
folks that the foiler was another boat anchor along with the saw.
BTW...where's that video on soldering 30" in 2...
Forum: Glass July 8th 06, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
'splain to me about 'band saws'

Life is short. Noone can dismiss me unless I let them. :-) I offered my
opinon and you offered yours. Others did the same. As you said though,
a saw is one of those tools that you rarely use but when...
Forum: Glass July 8th 06, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
'splain to me about 'band saws'

Well now, like I mentioned in another post...it's usually about what
glass you are using. It's not always about so called difficult cuts. I
truly believe that most folks do not challenge themselves...
Forum: Glass July 7th 06, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
'splain to me about 'band saws'

While a saw does cut much slower than what one can cut by hand, there
are is a usefulness to them. If you use some art glass such as Uro
herringbone, drapery or other expensive glass, then a saw...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20