Showing results 1 to 25 of 167
Search took 0.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: witchystitcher
Forum: Quilting November 25th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 49
Posted By witchystitcher
I am who I say I am!

I don't know who this person is or what his/her problem is, but I have
been a member of this group for over 10 years and I AM HIGHLY
INSULTED!

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:59:59...
Forum: Quilting November 25th 07, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 49
Posted By witchystitcher
So What's Wrong With A Singer?

Excuse me! Who, exactly are you? I've been part of this group for over
10 years and my name certainly is not Doug. How dare you!

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:59:59 -0800 (PST),...
Forum: Quilting November 25th 07, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By witchystitcher
Eyes leaking-mascara running-blubbering sounds-dogs concerned...

Dear Leslie,
I am so sorry to hear of your mom. I hope things turn out okay and
that the cancer is localized and the type that does not spread. If it
is something that is the result of the nuclear...
Forum: Quilting November 24th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By witchystitcher
Quilting Podcasts

Although not quilting, I simply love these three podcasts:
Grammar Girl
Money Girl
Mr. Manners

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:35:16 -0800, "Puttsy"
wrote:
Forum: Quilting November 21st 07, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 49
Posted By witchystitcher
So What's Wrong With A Singer?

I have to agree about the old Viking 900 models. I really miss my 990.
I traded it in on a Bernina a while ago and wish I hadn't. There is a
Viking 960 on ebay now, which was basically a step under...
Forum: Quilting November 17th 07, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 68
Posted By witchystitcher
WOOHOOO! Patti's book!!

Congratulations! And I feel like I "know" a celebrity!

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:29:50 +0000, Patti
wrote:

Now I'm just gaping and speechless . . . Oh my word ... ...
I...
Forum: Quilting November 12th 07, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By witchystitcher
back from Chicago

Sounds like a super trip - and the way to do it.

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 05:31:42 -0800, Musicmaker
wrote:

My quilting buddy and I went to the Chicago show last Friday,...
Forum: Quilting November 6th 07, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By witchystitcher
? secret sister gift from Ikea

They have terrific storage baskets and small storage chests that are
inexpensive.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 06:00:14 -0800, yvette
wrote:

I need to get a...
Forum: Quilting October 25th 07, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By witchystitcher
Blue Ribbon, Swollen Head

And that's what it means to be a teacher!

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

PS - got your boxtops!

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:02:19 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:
Forum: Quilting October 18th 07, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By witchystitcher
Gifts for My Hospice Class

I think that's beautiful. God bless Hospice Workers. They made my
mother's last days as comfortable for her as possible and let her pass
in her own home with her family around her the way she wanted...
Forum: Quilting October 18th 07, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By witchystitcher
Periodic Table Quilt

Have you seen this one? It's a quilt of the periodic table.

http://www.sfu.ca/chemistry/ptable_quilt/
Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Forum: Quilting October 11th 07, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By witchystitcher
To all who contributed to Michael Murphy's Hug

Michael will be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor. He was a
brave person and a wonderful human being. Our hugs meant so much to
his...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 07, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By witchystitcher
OT Spunky Lady Bitsy Bag

You must have more hours in your day than I have in mine. How do you
get these all done?????

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 00:05:53 -0500, "Leslie & The Furbabies in...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 07, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 51
Posted By witchystitcher
Lazy Girl Designs

An interesting question is this:

Since this is for a charitable event, can the purses be simply donated
(which is really what she is doing)? Once they are the property of
the organization, aren't...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 07, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By witchystitcher
OT More handbag stuff

That is how I make my tote bags - with French seams. I use two sided
prequilted fabric. Sew a rectangle - cut squares in the bottom for the
gusset and sew across. Then turn down a few inches on the...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 07, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By witchystitcher
OT Getting serious about handbags/Missy update

We pronounce the "u" in schmutz with sorta the oo sound in look.

Linda
PATchogue, NY

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 23:56:01 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

Oh I can't take credit for...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 07, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By witchystitcher
Fabric search

Are any of these...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 07, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 51
Posted By witchystitcher
Lazy Girl Designs

I've also seen designers limit production for sale to something like
10 items. Any more than that and you need permission.

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 16:18:42 -0500, "teleflora"...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 07, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By witchystitcher
OTOTOTOT - Childs death

I know it is very difficult for you to know what to do or say. When my
daughter was a junior in HS, a car full of her friends was involved in
an accident while going off campus for lunch. A good...
Forum: Quilting September 30th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By witchystitcher
Sorry to bother.. but can anyone " see" me?

Are you the sleek, sexy blonde standing near the window?

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:01:18 +0200, "FiederEls"
wrote:

My beloved laptop has some serious problems...
Forum: Quilting September 28th 07, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 51
Posted By witchystitcher
How much does it cost to make a quilt?

She had picked a one way pattern that had a one way large print that
had to match. It was not an easy quilt to do, made even harder that it
did not like it to begin with, but it was for my niece whom...
Forum: Quilting September 28th 07, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 51
Posted By witchystitcher
How much does it cost to make a quilt?

I just finished a twin sized quilt as a gift. The fabrics were not my
taste so were all purchased new. Well, not exactly new, they were not
current, so were on sale. - I paid "only" $7 yd. The quilt...
Forum: Quilting September 25th 07, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 48
Posted By witchystitcher
Sale on Lazy Girl Design patterns? Where???

I have ordered many things from her and have never been disappointed.
Her shipping prices are always fair as well.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:51:58 -0500, "Leslie & The Furbabies in...
Forum: Quilting September 21st 07, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By witchystitcher
Steam Iron Rant

Consider yourself lucky that's all it did. Mine caught fire!

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:04:14 -0700, "Kate T."
wrote:

t was spitting and
sizzling everytime I...
Forum: Quilting September 19th 07, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By witchystitcher
Very OT-- Update on situation here and stuff....

An interesting thing about Social Security. I used to work for them as
a Claims Representative about 23 years ago. Recently I went with the
mom of one of my students. The dad had been killed by a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 167