Showing results 1 to 25 of 292
Search took 0.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dee in Oz
Forum: Quilting December 8th 07, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 63
Posted By Dee in Oz
Sad update

(((((Kathyl)))))

I almost know how you feel.
It could well be me saying this in a matter of days.

Dee in Oz

On Dec 8, 12:32 pm, "KJ" wrote:
The chapter has ended with...
Forum: Quilting December 5th 07, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Dee in Oz
OT - "new" cancer facts from Johns Hopkins

Now I wish I could have put my name at the bottom of that paragraph
Leslie. Well written :-)

Dee in Oz

On Dec 6, 2:57 am, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Jack...
Forum: Quilting November 29th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Dee in Oz
DO NOT OPEN Decisions, decisions...Help Please!!

Another one from that 'nasty poster'......

On Nov 29, 2:30 am, "Gwyneð Bennet" wrote:
I need your opinion, should I use the diamonds or the squares on this
quilt? ...
Forum: Quilting November 21st 07, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Dee in Oz
Cost of Machine Quilting?

I would believe that Julia.

Although my comment may have sounded like a criticism it wasn't meant
that way.

It was more a case of if I had the money to send a quilt to be quilted
I would probably...
Forum: Quilting November 21st 07, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Dee in Oz
Cost of Machine Quilting?

There is one longarm quilter in my town

http://www.portlandbayquilting.com.au/

.....if you want to send it downunder :-)

I have seen her work and wasn't impressed with her SITD ( it was on a
par...
Forum: Quilting November 18th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Dee in Oz
received 4900 posts today!

With a busy life like you have Susan it is no wonder that you haven't
been able to drop in.

Good to see you drop in.

Dee in Oz

On Nov 18, 1:20 am, Susan Laity Price...
Forum: Quilting November 17th 07, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Dee in Oz
bag patterns galore!!

I was joking Sandy. As lovely as the patterns are I really don't need
to my 'oneday' pile. I am really good at printing or saving patterns
and never doing them. I did save a couple of them as it...
Forum: Quilting November 16th 07, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Dee in Oz
bag patterns galore!!

Sandy, I don't need the measurements translated ( there are web sites
that do that any way).

French wasn't an option when I went to school. We had a choice of
German, Ag Science or History.

You...
Forum: Quilting November 14th 07, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Dee in Oz
RCTQ BOM 2007 NOVEMBER links now on our website

Sorry Kay it is actually Wednesday..... well t is downunder :-)

Dee in Oz

"Kay Ahr" wrote

Feels like a Monday but it's Tuesday already. Had a nice day at school
Forum: Quilting November 9th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Dee in Oz
What's your favourite meal??

That sounds a lot like our sweet chilli philly Pati

http://www.kraft.com.au.kraft-hosting.net/philadelphia/products.cfm

I finally found a photo that best describes it..LOL

The recipe that Lizzy...
Forum: Quilting November 8th 07, 10:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Dee in Oz
OT back from surgery

They certainly do shove you out the door in a hurry Anne :-(

You sound like you are in good spirits hope you stay that way.

My DH was in for about 26 hours for a cyst removal earlier this year
and...
Forum: Quilting November 7th 07, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Dee in Oz
OT Ladies Only 2

Polly, where was the spew warning ?????

Glad I have learnt not to drink anything while reading the newsgroup,
especially Pollys posts.

Dee in Oz

On Nov 7, 4:34 pm, "Polly Esther"...
Forum: Quilting November 5th 07, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Dee in Oz
What's your favourite meal??

Connie
sweet chilli cream cheese dip is available at *all* of our
supermarkets at the moment.
An easy homemade alternative is a block of cream cheese with your
favourite sweet chilli sauce poured...
Forum: Quilting November 5th 07, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Dee in Oz
What's your favourite meal??

Glad you clarified that chilli sauce bit Jeanne, never thought about
'American Chili" coz it's just not done 'downunder'.

Now you just need to find a photo to explain it :-)

Foods are pretty much...
Forum: Quilting November 5th 07, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Dee in Oz
What's your favourite meal??

If this shows up twice I'm sorry, its Googles fault

Connie
sweet chili cheese dip is available in *all* of our supermarkets at
the moment

Homemade is really easy... place cream cheese on a plate...
Forum: Quilting November 3rd 07, 10:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Dee in Oz
Finished September BOMs!!

I have to be honest Elly, I am saving them for later.

I saved them last year as well and the year before I did do the top.

I try not to have too many tops in the 'waiting' pile. I do have 3 at
the...
Forum: Quilting October 27th 07, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Dee in Oz
Make your own freezer paper

This thread made me wonder how much freezer paper is in Australia now,
so I did a quick search.
Until today I had only ever seen Reynolds available

50 sq feet roll $14
150 sq feet roll $35

Reynolds...
Forum: Quilting October 25th 07, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Dee in Oz
new page at RCTQ website - for BOM

That looks good Kay, thank you ..... some people are just so
clever ;-)

Dee in Oz

On Oct 25, 12:30 pm, "Kay Ahr" wrote:
Forum: Quilting October 20th 07, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Dee in Oz
Quilt show with a difference

Sunny, It looks like a regular Aussie country town to me.

If you have Google Earth have a look there.

Dee in Oz

Oct 19, 6:35 am, Sunny wrote:
That's such a fun way to...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 07, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Dee in Oz
New quilt picture is up

How effective Debra.

Ironically that is the pattern I used ( from Fat Quarter quilts by
M'liss rae Hawley) to make a quilt for my great nephew who was born
last week. I believe his name is Dexter a...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 07, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Dee in Oz
New quilt picture is up

How effective Debra.

Ironically that is the pattern I used ( from Fat Quarter quilts by
M'liss rae Hawley) to make a quilt for my great nephew who was born
last week. I believe his name is Dexter a...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 07, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 83
Posted By Dee in Oz
OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

Here's me thinking that I don't have oddball sandwiches, all mine are
normal !

beef tongue, just cook it and eat it while still warm and there is no
need for bread

Peanut Butter and banana- thats...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 07, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 67
Posted By Dee in Oz
Cherry Wood Thread Cabinet

Thanks John, that sounds a bit similar to the list here. I think I am
correct with these*

2 hand drills
* 2 cordless and 2 corded
1 Drill Press
1 Table Saw
1 Mortise machine
* none
Forum: Quilting October 15th 07, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 67
Posted By Dee in Oz
Cherry Wood Thread Cabinet

Just out of curioisity what power tools do you own John ?

Dee in Oz

On Oct 15, 7:11 am, John wrote:
On Oct 14, 3:05 pm, DrQuilter wrote:
Forum: Quilting October 11th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 51
Posted By Dee in Oz
Slotted Wallet

I just went looking for this pattern for myself and found that the
link wasn't showing

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=190408.msg2000253#msg2000253

DD likes the look of this so I am...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 292