Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dorothy
Forum: Quilting May 24th 07, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Dorothy
Pressing seam roll?

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with this item but it was widely
used in suit and dress making years ago. If you know what I'm talking
about does anyone know where one of these can be purchased?...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Dorothy
Quilt Shop Promotions

I also live quite some distance from a quilt store and what keeps me
going is that they offer interesting classes at reasonable prices.
Some include a book, and even though they would like you to buy...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 07, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Dorothy
RCTQ 2006-2007 BOM

Carole your quilt is beautiful. I love how well your colors just blend
so well with each other and offer that "pop" that a good fabric choice
gives to a quilt.

Dorothy F.
DeFuniak Springs, FL
Forum: Quilting May 4th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Dorothy
Stack N Whack

Can anyone give some ideas of fabrics to use for this type of
quilting? A quilt shop is offering this class in July and I'd like to
start trying to get some fabrics each month that would do well...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 07, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Dorothy
To those with inherited stashes

On May 1, 3:31 pm, Debra wrote:
Although many quilters find some oddball print has made it's way into
their stash, those of us with inherited stashes have a great...
Forum: Quilting April 30th 07, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Dorothy
anyone do Jessamy's mystery?

I would be interested in finding this also. Hope one of you will be
kind and post the link to this. Mysteries are always fun.

Dorothy F
DeFuniak Springs, FL

On Apr 30, 3:13 pm, "Alice"...
Forum: Quilting April 26th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Dorothy
suggestions needed

I'm disabled and can not get down on the floor or kneel to pin a quilt
top. I do have one of those PVC type floor model quilt frames for hand
quilting but machine quilting would not work on that. I...
Forum: Quilting April 26th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Dorothy
Picket Fence by Virginia Harger

Hi all,

Has anyone ever made this quilt? It's quite easy and unusual. I
ordered pre-cut kit of 9 blocks from a seller on e-bay that sells cut
blocks. Here is my dilemma. I'd like to make it and make...
Forum: Quilting April 18th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Dorothy
Help needed Lone Star Quilt

Hi all,

A friend gave me 2 different size template rulers for this quilt but
forgot how to use them. The templates are made from poster board and
have an angle cut on each end with small holes that...
Forum: Quilting April 14th 07, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Dorothy
searching for update

Here is another site with a larger pic of the same quilt pattern. I've
tried e-mailing this lady but have not had any response back yet. The
name she uses for this quilt is dizzy geese. If I hear...
Forum: Quilting April 13th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Dorothy
Searching for ?????????

Hi all,

I'm waiting to hear back from this lady but she apparrently does some
type of classes for the pattern I was looking for. Don't know if they
are internet classes or store so I have to wait to...
Forum: Quilting April 11th 07, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Dorothy
URL for quilt square in question

http://stores.ebay.com/QuiltCreative-Quilt-Kits-and-Fabric

First time I've tried doing this so I hope it works.

Dorothy
DeFuniak Springs, FL
Forum: Quilting April 11th 07, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Dorothy
Searching for ?????????

Hi Leslie,

The store is QuiltCreative They have quilt kits and fabric. Maybe that
will help. It's the square in the center of three in her logo.

Dorothy
DeFuniak Springs, FL
Forum: Quilting April 11th 07, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Dorothy
General type of question

Hi all,

Okay the one full of questions and no answers still has yet another
question. I promise not to ask anymore tonight...LOL!!!

Do you have swaps here? If so what kind? I remember quilt block...
Forum: Quilting April 11th 07, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Dorothy
Searching for ?????????

Okay I'm going to give you all a challenge. I saw a square on
somebody's ebay store and I'm trying to find the name of it or a book
it's in something?????
I'll try to describe it but I'm not good at...
Forum: Quilting April 11th 07, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Dorothy
Thanks Jan (AKA Coffee Diva - Serendipity

Thanks Jan for the information. I will try to find the book with that
pattern in it. I could not for the life of me think of the name you
use here so I just used the one on your website. I'll pay...
Forum: Quilting April 9th 07, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Dorothy
Thanks and a few questions for Serendipity

Hi all,

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. When Flair told me there was a lot
of activity here she wasn't kidding. I'm trying as hard as I can to
get up to date but life is getting in the way. I may...
Forum: Quilting March 29th 07, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Dorothy
New here...Intro

Hi everyone,

I'm new to newsgroups and here. My friend "flair" in Michigan told me
about this group and I just had to join. Although I don't get the
opportunity to post much I'm sure I will be doing...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18