Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: C Ryman
Forum: Glass January 18th 09, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 1
Posted By C Ryman
Lava cloth

Has anyone here used lava cloth with irrid. glass? I was wondering if I
would have to use a higher temp. because the irrid. coating is rather stiff.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

This might help you.

http://www.warmglass.com/COESummary.htm

--
Connie

"Terra" wrote in message
Forum: Jewelry August 26th 08, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 13
Posted By C Ryman
hammers

"Peter W.. Rowe," wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 01:22:07 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "C Ryman"
Forum: Jewelry August 25th 08, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 13
Posted By C Ryman
hammers

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a raising hammer and cross peens for fold forming. There is
a raising hammer at Rio Grande, don't know if 14 oz. will be to heavy for a
middle aged woman. I've tried a...
Forum: Beads August 24th 08, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By C Ryman
Cleaning random metal charms

For the enamel charm I would try just soap and water first.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

"Keller" wrote in message...
Forum: Jewelry July 27th 08, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 10
Posted By C Ryman
Sticky wax for buffing

What you are probably looking for is Dop Wax, like this:

http://www.kingsleynorth.com/skshop/search_results2.php?catID=196&keys=&start=15&count=20

--
Connie R.

"eromlignod" ...
Forum: Beads June 3rd 08, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 15
Posted By C Ryman
I so discouraged I may just quit.

That seems strange to me. Sterling silver and silver plate should tarnish
to a grey/black not turn brass colored.

--
CR

"chaddock" wrote in message...
Forum: Jewelry May 29th 08, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By C Ryman
Im new to this group

You need to cover your costs and pay yourself for labor (for how long it
should take, not fiddling around). I don't see how you can gouge people.
It's not like they have to buy your jewelry. If...
Forum: Glass May 7th 08, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By C Ryman
Thanks for looking - I know this is not an ad group!

If you know it's not an ad group why are you posting an ad !!!

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

"lampbay" wrote in message...
Forum: Jewelry March 18th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 13
Posted By C Ryman
Really Big chunks of agate

Thanks for all the helpful responses.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

"Peter W.. Rowe," wrote in message
On...
Forum: Jewelry March 12th 08, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 13
Posted By C Ryman
Really Big chunks of agate

Hi Delvia,
This thread is sort of old. But since you posted I have a question.
I want to melt a small amount of DOP wax and don't want to buy the machine.
Does anyone know of a simple easy way to do...
Forum: Jewelry February 14th 08, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 1
Posted By C Ryman
Join Valentin Yotkov for a workshop in Italy

Man! wish I could go to Tuscany!!

--
Connie

"ValentinYotkov.com" wrote in message
Join Valentin Yotkov for a...
Forum: Glass January 5th 08, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 4
Posted By C Ryman
Hello I Must Be Going

I hope you enjoy your retirement. We will miss you. Stop by and post
sometime.

--
Connie

"JKGlassman" wrote in message

I...
Forum: Beads December 29th 07, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By C Ryman
A bow from the waist, to the Masters

Actually, that should be Ms. Oken ;-}

--
Connie

"Beckibead" wrote in message
I was having a HOLY...
Forum: Glass December 24th 07, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 84
Posted By C Ryman
Another wannabe Basement Bandit....

Well, I wondered how long it was going to take you to start hawking your web
site.
I think that is that only reason your here.

--
Connie

Dennis Brady
Forum: Glass December 22nd 07, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 84
Posted By C Ryman
Another wannabe Basement Bandit....

Man, those are some ugly lead lines.

--
Connie

" Moonraker" wrote in message
Forum: Jewelry December 1st 07, 09:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By C Ryman
Help with polishing argentium silver

Well, I don't know what is in Palmolive Oxy so that's no help. You may want
to avoid tumbling it with copper. Have you tumbled something with
patina/liver of sulphur on it? I've heard that liver...
Forum: Jewelry November 27th 07, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 15
Posted By C Ryman
Idiots guide to polishing?

Another thing you shouldn't discount is a variable speed grinder /
polisher. They can be had for about
$100.00 to $200.00 and work UNBELIEVABLY well. Just make sure you do
a little...
Forum: Jewelry November 22nd 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 17
Posted By C Ryman
Year of the "S"?

The "S" wouldn't be so bad if it was set with high quality Emeralds, Rubies,
or some other nice colored stones. Diamonds are just so bland.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

"mbstevens"...
Forum: Beads November 16th 07, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 6
Posted By C Ryman
searching for ?

Thanks Vicky,
I ended up just using some vermeil beads I had sitting around. It looks OK
but I think I just want larger pearls 8-}

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

"Vicky" ...
Forum: Glass November 6th 07, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 9
Posted By C Ryman
Foiled again

Edco comes in a plain plastic bag that says copper foil tape.
I liked Edco better than Venture but haven't foiled anything in a long time.
--
Connie R
Forum: Beads November 1st 07, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads

Thanks Anna,
I think they are called bumper beads. Rings & Things has them but I sure
would like to see them first.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

"Anna W." wrote in message...
Forum: Beads October 31st 07, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 6
Posted By C Ryman
searching for ?

Hey everyone,
Does anyone know where to find little clear rubber spacers? What are they
called? I think they were used in those invisible floating necklaces a
while back.
I have some small pearls...
Forum: Jewelry September 20th 07, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 13
Posted By C Ryman
Really Big chunks of agate

mmmm, decorate your yard, make a really heavy coffee table, whack it into
smaller pieces and sell them..

--
CR

"Seigfried" wrote in message...
Forum: Glass July 12th 07, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 18
Posted By C Ryman
ADVERTISEMENT - Glass weaving strip molds

Are you saying the "Regular price $20/set" but your special offer is $40 for
a set?

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio