Showing results 1 to 25 of 298
Search took 2.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Abrasha
Forum: Jewelry October 11th 10, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 17
Posted By Abrasha
How to disinfect a yellow gold diamond ring I inherited

Suzie wrote:

I've even wondered if I am
overreacting to this totally.

You are!

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Forum: Jewelry October 11th 10, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 17
Posted By Abrasha
How to disinfect a yellow gold diamond ring I inherited

Ted Frater wrote:
Suzie wrote:
Hi everyone

I inherited a beautiful diamond ring from my mother last year who
passed away from various things. However the one thing that really
Forum: Jewelry September 21st 10, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Suzie wrote:
Hi everyone

I inherited a beautiful diamond ring from my mother last year who
passed away from various things. However the one thing that really
worries me is the MRSA staph...
Forum: Jewelry August 10th 10, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By Abrasha
Polishing compound question

Ted Frater wrote:
Andrew Falanga wrote:
Hi,

Wow, has it been a long time since I've posted to this NG. My wife
and I are currently cutting a few topaz stones for a client and these
Forum: Jewelry August 6th 10, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By Abrasha
graver sharpening

Ted Callier wrote:
I am trying to learn hand engraving on my own, with the help of two
books (Hardy/Bowman and Meeks). And watching videos on Youtube. These
are a great help to visualise the...
Forum: Jewelry May 22nd 10, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 1
Posted By Abrasha
The latest trend in jewelries......

Baaaaaaaa! wrote:
Everyone was getting along swimmingly in rec.crafts.jewelry on or
about Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:50:44 -0700 when philbert33
****ed everything...
Forum: Jewelry January 26th 10, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By Abrasha
what is this watch

Peter Lowrie wrote:
Here's a long-shot

Despite months of searching, even at the Cyma website, I have not been able
to find information about my watch. It's a CYMA Rubisaphir, gold, onyx and...
Forum: Jewelry October 13th 09, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 1
Posted By Abrasha
MOVADO Wris****ch ... Real or Fake?

Scott wrote:
Hello! I recently purchased a "Movado" wris****ch for a very modest
price at an estate sale, and I was wondering if there are any telltale
ways to distinguish an authentic...
Forum: Jewelry September 27th 09, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By Abrasha
A new American citizen

Al Balmer wrote:
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:34:43 -0700, Abrasha
wrote:

Yesterday I became an American citizen.

http://gallery.me.com/abrasha#100346

Ted Frater wrote:
Abrasha wrote:
Yesterday I became an American citizen.

http://gallery.me.com/abrasha#100346

Congratulations,
Great pictures.
you look just like you write,
Forum: Jewelry September 26th 09, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By Abrasha
A new American citizen

Yesterday I became an American citizen.

http://gallery.me.com/abrasha#100346

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Forum: Jewelry August 26th 09, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Abrasha
Antique Jewelry

Ganesh wrote:
Does any one have good sources on Antique Jewelry making techniques?

Could you be a bit more specific, like in "What kind of antique jewelry?"

Victorian, Edwardian, Art Deco, Art...
Forum: Jewelry August 25th 09, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By Abrasha
how to dispose of 22k testing solution?

stacy c wrote:
I have a little 22k testing solution in a dish because I was told that
it was a suitable silver etchant. (It actually did not etch my
silver, but perhaps I did not leave it in...
Forum: Jewelry August 25th 09, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By Abrasha
how to dispose of 22k testing solution?

Peter W. Rowe wrote:

Given the small quantity of what you need to dispose of, simply rinse it down
the drain with lots of water.

NO! NEVER ADD WATER TO SUCH A POTENT ACID SOLUTION, UNLESS...
Forum: Jewelry August 25th 09, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By Abrasha
how to dispose of 22k testing solution?

Mr G H Ireland wrote:
It is a pretty
small amount...does anyone know of the proper way to dispose of it?

thanks in advance,
-stacy

Stacy,
If your local...
Forum: Jewelry August 25th 09, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Abrasha
Jewelry in India / Gems in India

Ganesh wrote:
On Jul 30, 8:18pm, William Black wrote:
The vast bulk of the jewellery manufacturing industry serving export
markets shut down and people went back...
Forum: Jewelry August 25th 09, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Abrasha
Jewelry in India / Gems in India

Ganesh wrote:

A huge list of Indian Diamonds and their specialty is that they are
owned only my monarchs

So, what's your point?

--
Forum: Jewelry August 25th 09, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 29
Posted By Abrasha
Jewelry in India / Gems in India

Ganesh wrote:

But Koh-i-noor on records still is still the biggest finished diamond.
As per http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A730801 the stone originally
weighed 793 carats.

You're wrong...
Forum: Jewelry August 20th 09, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 7
Posted By Abrasha
Help identifying antique jewelry

Chris Shearer Cooper wrote:
CE is definitely Christian Endeavor, someone on eBay is selling a
similar pin. I've emailed the modern-day Christian Endeavor group to
see if they have records from...
Forum: Jewelry July 23rd 09, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By Abrasha
Diamond Settings

Ganesh wrote:
On Jul 21, 10:49 am, William Black
wrote:
Ganesh wrote:
What are the different types of diamond settings commonly available in
the UK...
Forum: Jewelry July 15th 09, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By Abrasha
Crucible Sizes?

Muso wrote:
Hello, folks. The last time I posted here, I was casting zinc arrow
heads. Recently, I have been hanging out with lead bullet casters.
And now it looks like I need to learn how to...
Forum: Jewelry July 13th 09, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By Abrasha
Can Palladium Rings Be Sized-Down?

hmbrt wrote:
I recently purchased a palladium wedding band that is slightly too
small. Having bought it through a friend for a discounted price, I am
unable to return or exchange it. I have...
Forum: Jewelry July 13th 09, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By Abrasha
Anyone like jade here?

Nick wrote:
Anybody like jade? real natural jadeite, not fake jade, not nephrite

Some nice jade carving
http://aboutjade.com/download/file.php?id=110
Forum: Jewelry June 27th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 14
Posted By Abrasha
Math

Ted Frater wrote:
R T Smith wrote:
"Ted Frater" wrote in message
| Peter W. Rowe wrote:
| On Sat, 20 Jun...
Forum: Jewelry June 21st 09, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 14
Posted By Abrasha
Math

Ted Frater wrote: