Showing results 1 to 25 of 97
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Needlework October 9th 06, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Paternayan yarn numbers

There is a conversion chart at http://makeashorterlink.com/?X5CE24EED
And what looks like a handy page at
http://www.fibergypsy.com/threadlist/index.shtml
Don't know if it is what you need but...
Forum: Needlework October 6th 06, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Bittersweet happy dance

explorer wrote:
...I made an original blackwork
sampler for one of the lines of my family tree. My father thought it weird
that I went back all the way to the 1300's, others thought is cool...
Forum: Needlework October 5th 06, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I stand corrected - I was talking about the (supposedly) fabulous tour of
the Scotch distilleries and their surrounding gardens. One is on Islay and
the other escapes my...
Forum: Needlework October 5th 06, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Heck, I've been dreaming of the garden and Scotch brewery tour that I read
about - the stitching would be a mere after thought. I should add hard to do
if a brewery tour or...
Forum: Needlework October 5th 06, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Pat P wrote:
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 10/5/06 3:24 AM, in article ,
Forum: Needlework October 5th 06, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Pat P wrote:
"Joan E." wrote in message
Pat P wrote:

Can`t think! Some peculiar woman from...
Forum: Needlework October 4th 06, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Lucille wrote:
Sounds like fun so I want to be there too. And inquiring minds want to
know, what's a Ceilidh?

Quoting from a...
Forum: Needlework October 4th 06, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
OFF TOPIC - a recipe for madness

Pat P wrote:
wrote in message
A good use for such a keyring or those infuriating greeting cards that
incessantly play a tinny tune is to pop them into...
Forum: Needlework October 4th 06, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
OFF TOPIC - a recipe for madness

Pat P wrote:
I believe they`ve done that awful "Crazy Frog" as a ringtone! Now that
WOULD drive you nuts. I got it on a keyring for Richard last Christmas.
After his boys had driven HIM mad...
Forum: Needlework October 4th 06, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Pat P wrote:
If you get desperate, Bruce, I can always send you up a pack of "Seriously
Strong Cheddar"! Particularly now the weather`s cooler.

Thanks for the offer Pat, much...
Forum: Needlework October 3rd 06, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

wrote:
Okay , with you on odd combinations - when overly hungry ( hesitate to
say starving) whilst in the WRAF have eaten many odd combinations of
'compo' but...
Forum: Needlework October 3rd 06, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Jere Williams wrote:
I have a friend who suggests that the best sweet snack in the world is a
grilled Hershey bar sandwich.

She takes two pieces of white bread, butters each on one side,...
Forum: Needlework October 3rd 06, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
There are lots of cheddars here that are quite sharp if that is your taste.
Some quite wimpy ones too.
Another cheese I like is an aged or farmers Gouda. A nice bite and...
Forum: Needlework October 3rd 06, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I have favorite snack, a few almonds, some really good sharp cheese and a
few small squares of dark chocolate. Maybe some dried apricots in the mix or
dried sour cherries....
Forum: Needlework October 3rd 06, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 10/3/06 2:00 PM, in article ,
" wrote:

Pat P wrote:
Forum: Needlework October 3rd 06, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Pat P wrote:
" wrote:
I must confess to being fond of kippers with marmalade (don't ask!)
What on earth posessed you to try THAT...
Forum: Needlework October 2nd 06, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Pat P wrote:
wrote in message
Joan E. wrote:
Pat P wrote:
"Joan E." ...
Forum: Needlework October 2nd 06, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
OT, from Gillian

Joan E. wrote:
Pat P wrote:
"Joan E." wrote in message

What's wrong with cereal? I've been a cereal addict since I was a
young girl!

Dipped...
Forum: Needlework October 1st 06, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Plucking a goose?

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 10/1/06 3:12 PM, in article ,
" wrote:

Karen Dixon, Millennia Designs...
Forum: Needlework October 1st 06, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Plucking a goose?

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 10/1/06 3:12 PM, in article ,
" wrote:

Karen Dixon, Millennia Designs...
Forum: Needlework October 1st 06, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Plucking a goose?

Karen Dixon, Millennia Designs wrote:
When I was a student we rented a flat from a very old estate agent in
Newcastle upon Tyne and the rental agreement (also somewhat dated)
forbade us from...
Forum: Needlework October 1st 06, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Telephone Recording Police Conversation

wrote:
It is also a common courtesy to check how many ng's you are x-posting
your one liners to you stupid old biddy.
pete
Forum: Needlework September 28th 06, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Busted - I was SO busted

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I foolishly sent DD to look for some orange thread to match a piece of
ribbon! Does she bring down the spool? No - she starts going through all
the boxes of overdyes IN...
Forum: Needlework September 27th 06, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Plucking a goose?

Shirley Shone wrote:
In message ,
" writes
Shirley Shone wrote:
However I cooked it and it...
Forum: Needlework September 27th 06, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Plucking a goose?

Shirley Shone wrote:
However I cooked it and it was the most beautiful tasting goose we have
ever had. Lip smacking good. Never had one so good since but I do make
sure that if we do they are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 97