Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Donna in Idaho[_3_]
Forum: Quilting May 29th 13, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
OT - Recipes which use olive oil or balsamic vinegar?

Here's two of my favorite recipes using balsamic vinegar:

Pork Roast

Put a pork roast in crock pot. Size of pork roast, size of crock pot -
whatever you have!

Mix together:
2 parts balsamic...
Forum: Quilting February 5th 13, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
OT Get some hot water! Get some iodine! LOL!

Just getting caught up with rctq. I'm still laughing after reading
several more posts.

Donna in Idaho
Forum: Quilting December 18th 12, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Sandy Hook HUG quilt?

Ramona, you are so right about the appropriate quilt/blanket for the
appropriate person. We often get fleece blankets big enough for an 18
year old boy made out of pink bunnies or ballerina...
Forum: Quilting December 16th 12, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Quilts Sandy Hook HUG quilt?

You all will never know how much I cherish the Hug Quilt made for me
after my DH passed away. I use it for a topper on my bed and have
received many compliments on it. I'm always pointing out to...
Forum: Quilting December 16th 12, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Sandy Hook HUG quilt?

Yesterday afternoon/evening our Project Linus national office asked for
700 quilts for the kids at Sandy Hook School. In less than one hour the
need was filled.

Donna in Idaho

On 12/15/2012 3:57...
Forum: Quilting December 9th 12, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
It is Time

As I've probably posted before - I used to know a forest firefighter
from California. He told us that he "fits fars" (fights fires)!

Donna in Idaho

On 12/8/2012 10:34 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
Forum: Quilting December 9th 12, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Way OT - small claims court

Four and a half years later - we did take the jerk to small claims
court. He didn't show up so we won by default. We asked the judge what
happens now after the ruling. She said, "Pray!" We...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 12, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
After all, I am a quilter

Any time a man starts a new project - that means he has to go to the
store to buy a new tool especially needed for that project! I'm sure
hanging Christmas lights has the same requirement!

Donna...
Forum: Quilting November 27th 12, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
My needle threader is soldered to a windshield washer motor

Thanks for my laugh for the day (week, month)!

Donna in Idaho

On 11/26/2012 2:26 PM, NightMist wrote:
Alrighty then...

It has been a day.

My prepaid credit card for online shopping is...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 12, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
T-shirt quilt sensibility?

I've always heard to use fusible knit interfacing, but have the stretch
of the fusible ironed on - not with the stretch of the t-shirt but the
other way. The fusible knit doesn't change the hand...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 12, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Satin stitch tapering

I'm with Polly, I much prefer a blanket stitch for applique!

Donna in Idaho

On 10/16/2012 3:50 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
If you really want to take tapering satin stitching seriously, a good
book...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 12, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
HAPPY BIRTHDAY POLLY!!!!

Polly, Happy Birthday! My daughter's birthday is also Oct 12. She was
mightily bent out of shape when they moved Columbus Day to Monday
instead of where it's "supposed" to be! She thought it was...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 12, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
So glad to see more posts - ginger in banana bread

Ginger in banana bread? That sounds really good. I love banana bread
and I love ginger. How much ginger?

Donna in Idaho

On 10/8/2012 8:40 AM, rl.zollneratgmx.net wrote:
:-) IIRC it was a HUGE...
Forum: Quilting September 28th 12, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
So glad to see more posts

Like Tutu, I lurk almost every day, but seldom post.

My quilting life is mostly Project Linus stuff and a lot of it isn't
quilting! One day last week, with one of my volunteers, sorted all the...
Forum: Quilting September 22nd 12, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Scrappy border

I really like that, what a great idea!

Donna in Idaho

On 9/21/2012 8:08 AM, Julia in MN wrote:
There is a photo of a scrappy top I completed recently in my facebook
Quilts album at
Forum: Quilting September 10th 12, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
WH (gulp) sleeve

On 9/9/2012 3:28 AM, Lizzy Taylor wrote:

Oh I wish you had posted before it was quite finished as my favourite WH
"sleeve" method goes on with the binding and isn't a sleeve at all.

I use...
Forum: Quilting August 16th 12, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
OT Just for fun...

Made me smile, too!

Donna in Idaho

On 8/15/2012 2:08 AM, Roberta wrote:
But most of them looked happy! It made me smile.
Roberta in D
Forum: Quilting August 16th 12, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
OT Just for fun...

Made me smile, too!
Donna in Idaho

On 8/15/2012 2:08 AM, Roberta wrote:

But most of them looked happy! It made me smile.
Roberta in D
Forum: Quilting August 4th 12, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
OT new eye tomorrow

That's really good news!

Donna in Idaho

On 8/3/2012 9:35 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
Shed some happy tears with me. This evening I was pressing a quilt block
and my new eye 'turned on'. Mr. Esther...
Forum: Quilting July 23rd 12, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
OT pitiful Polly

Not a good idea to go off blood thinners without your doctor's knowledge
and approval.

Donna in Idaho

On 7/20/2012 1:10 PM, Gen wrote:
I forgot to mention----do NOT take any aspirin or blood...
Forum: Quilting July 11th 12, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
A UFO bites the dust

I love "Topsy-Turvy" blocks. We make lots of quilts for Project Linus
this way. Don't have to worry about seam allowances and if the blocks
are a little off on size you can fix it when you cut...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 12, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Scissors, part 2

Kate, after reading your message, I went shopping on Amazon (haven't
bought anything yet). I discovered that Fiskar also makes kitchen
scissors. I had to give away the really good pair of Cutco...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 12, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Choosing Ginghers?

I have some old Ginghers, all metal, made before they started making
scissors with soft handles. I can't use these any more - hurt my thumb
joint too bad. Guess I should shop for some good...
Forum: Quilting June 26th 12, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Tumbling Monkeys Finished

What a happy quilt!
Donna in Idaho

On 6/25/2012 5:32 PM, Louise in Iowa wrote:
I just finished a quilt for my great niece. It was from Quiltmaker
magazine, and the minute I saw it, I knew...
Forum: Quilting June 21st 12, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Only a quilter

When I bought a new refrigerator for my new house, I bought a
side-by-side. I have my old smaller side-by-side in the garage. I'm so
sorry I didn't get a bottom freezer - fridge on top for the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49