Showing results 1 to 25 of 117
Search took 2.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Di Maloney[_3_]
Forum: Quilting May 17th 13, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
Any guesses?

299
Di
Crib Point

"D&D" wrote in message
105 ?

Dee in Oz
Forum: Quilting May 3rd 13, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
OT - Receiving blanket

I am going shopping today to buy some more so will be sewing Saturday to my
hearts content.

Di
"Bobbie Sews More" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 13, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
OT - Receiving blanket

Thanks for that Polly, I think here in Australia we call then "Bunny Rugs".
I have some lovely soft flannelette so will make that up.

Di

"Polly Esther" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 13, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
OT - Receiving blanket

My cousin in the USA is going to be a great grandmother any day now and I
was wondering what to make for the babe.

Could someone please explain what a 'receiving blanket' is and what it is
used...
Forum: Quilting March 1st 13, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
quilt binding

I went to this website
http://www.thecolorfulworldofsewing.com/Deluxe-Two-Sole-Walking-Foot-for-Janome.html
I have a walking foot for my machine which I paid appox. $25 for a few years
ago.
It's...
Forum: Quilting March 1st 13, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
quilt binding

Please don't bother - I googled Janome and found exactly what she meant - at
$90-00 approx. I will be saving up for one.

Di
"Di Maloney" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting March 1st 13, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
quilt binding

Dose anyone know what the new sole - "stitch in the ditch" foot is? See
Rebecca's message below.

Quoting Rebecca Grace from the website:
Do you have that new sole for your walking foot that helps...
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 13, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
Prices of fabric

Ditto to what she says.

I now spend a lot of time going through pillowcases, tablecloths, old
dresses and sheets -only looking for cotton - at op shops (thrift shops) and
have been reasonably...
Forum: Quilting January 8th 13, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
Postcards to my son for his 3rd birthday?

Hi Jo,

You already have my email address for the update photos.
I would be happy to send a postcard.

Cheers,
Di
Vic Aus
"Jo Gibson" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 12, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
OT finally here it is

Thanks Polly, a timely message for me as I turn 67 next year and want to be
a better person.
This will help me - I am going to print it and hang it on my sewing/computer
room wall.

Happy New...
Forum: Quilting December 27th 12, 10:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
Quilty Gifts

It sure does.

Happy Quilting for the new grandbaby.

Di

wrote in message
I didn't get any gifts, but I...
Forum: Quilting December 25th 12, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
From Juno:

Never mind, it's the thought that counts.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

My Christmas Day was just wonderful. Coolish weather, excellent company (one
of my DD and her partner) my DH and our...
Forum: Quilting December 15th 12, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
I'M BACK!!!

Welcome back - I hope you and your family have a really great Christmas.

Di
In wet, wet, wet Victoria
Australia
"Jennifer in Ottawa" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting December 7th 12, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
Merry Christmas to me

How wonderful - enjoy.

Di
"mary" wrote in message
I got a Janome Magnolia 7330 with walking foot today. :)

--
Mary aka Mom aka Grandma
Forum: Quilting November 23rd 12, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well done Ursula - it's really lovely and looks so huggable.

Di
"Ursula Schrader" wrote in message
At last I managed to install the...
Forum: Quilting November 18th 12, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
Where is everyone - no messages since 13 November.

Thanks for the suggestions on where to send money - I will do that this
week.

Very glad to see you are all very busy and I must say that sewing is a
priority together with family history DVD that...
Forum: Quilting November 18th 12, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
Where is everyone - no messages since 13 November.

I hope everyone is OK - maybe they are doing quilting - I hope so.

A question, where can I send some money to for the "Sandy" people?
I would like to help in some small way.

Regards,

--
Di...
Forum: Quilting November 11th 12, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I do hope he comes home - praying that he does.

Di
Vic Aust
"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Well, for those who remember the saga of...
Forum: Quilting November 9th 12, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
How would you make a grapevine?

Would you be able to use green cord (like the sort you would thread through
a draw bag) with say something similar to florist wire threaded through it
only something a little thicker to enable you...
Forum: Quilting October 30th 12, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
OT Storm Sandy

What a dreadful storm - I pray and hope everyone affected will be safe.

Di
Vic
Aust
"Ginger in CA" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting October 22nd 12, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
OT - donuts

Well I made just six donuts, they were great and only lasted 10 minutes - DH
thinks they are yummy and so do I.

I am going to make three dozen small ones for my DD's Halloween party next
Saturday...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 12, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
Sunbonnet Sue memories

Don't really like the theme but it is funny in a way. Haven't seen the
quilt before today.
Di

"Sandy E" wrote in message
Howdy!
Forum: Quilting October 21st 12, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
OT - Donuts/Muffin recipes

Hi Sandy,

Please don't go to the trouble, my DD and her partner have just returned
from the USA (Friday) and she bought me a new roller cutter, small scissors
and leather thimble. The rest I will...
Forum: Quilting October 20th 12, 11:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
OT - Donuts/Muffin recipes

Thanks Janner,
Will let you know how they turn out, especially the apple and cinnamon ones.
DH loves most things with apple in them.

Di
"Janner" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting October 20th 12, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Di Maloney[_3_]
OT - Donuts/Muffin recipes

Thanks for the advice Jeanne,

I'm sorry you are not well - I was ill a couple of weeks ago with Pneumonia
and still feel washed out but am on the mend now.

Look after yourself and I do pray that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 117